Christian's in the Field

Hello. I am a EMT (PCP EMT-I) what ever you want to call it. I am just getting into the work force..I am also a strong Christian. This is not a easy job as you all know. Just wondering if there are they Christians who have been in the field for a while that could give me and advice on how to stay strong in my faith while working in this job. Thanks for all your input! It is greatly appreaciated!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Alot of praying there are alot of temptations out there.

PRAY PRAY PRAY..

Terr

Hello. I am a EMT (PCP EMT-I) what ever you want to call it. I am just getting into the work force..I am also a strong Christian. This is not a easy job as you all know. Just wondering if there are they Christians who have been in the field for a while that could give me and advice on how to stay strong in my faith while working in this job. Thanks for all your input! It is greatly appreaciated!

1. If you work Sundays, just find another day to go to church.

2. If anyone asks you to join the "code 3 club," just say no.

3. I've never had a problem losing touch with my faith just because I worked on an ambulance.

• 1 month later...

Man for me I feel closer to God because of EMS. It can be easy to see Gods path for you, just listen for the tone page. Every time you hear thank you from a pt discharged after you have helped them from a bad mva, or making a sick child smile with a latex glove turned into a rooster you will know that you are still on the right path. God will put you and your ambulance where he needs you. There will be low times without these things and you might feel burnout for a little bit but give it time and when you are at the grocery store with your family a strange lady you do not remember will hung your neck thanking you because husband survived his MI after you hauled him in.

One that i think about every now and then. 12y/o boy atv rollover. basiler skull fracture. 6 months in a coma most of that was on a vent. After worked his 911 call and then did so many transfers while he was in his coma. Then one day me and my wife (wife=EMTB and partner) were almost ready to quit and go to another company when that kid showed up to the station with his mom and hugged my neck .... no words for that feeling. Extra note on that call he got meningitis as a baby and it left his deaf. the accident restarted his hearing, by the time he came to the station he already knew what his name sounded like, just awesome.

Finally: Luke 10 33-34 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him.

Jesus was a carpenter by day but i herd he first responded on the weekends

I think your faith is what you make it - yours.... let your actions be your guide.

EMS is not an easy field as we all know, but it does have significant rewards. TO keep strong in your faith, be thankful for the rewards every day, whether they are a partner you can actually deal with on a daily basis, or actually being able to sit down to a meal while on shift. A very wise person told me that if I would spend more time counting my blessings, I wouldn't have time to count my problems.

You have an opportunity to show your faith while at work; however, pushing it on others is not acceptable. Let your actions, however small they may seem, show your faith. Kindness, empathy, and always doing your very best will say more about you than anything you say.

For those who have posted to this thread who have chosen to be insulting, allow them their moment of pettiness. They are entitled to their opinions as much as you are allowed your faith. You will always find those who would rather be insulting than accepting, and arguing does nothing to improve that.

Take care out there.

Dear Sammy_Jane,

I am happy for you that you are a follower of whatever faith(Christian). Just be aware and respect the fact that others will not share your views, therefore please do not push any onto others, including patients. I had a partner who attempted to stop my ALS interventions and say a prayer for my patient who was in severe resp distress. Needless to say, it went over like a fart in Church, sorry for the pun~ :roll:

There's a time and place for your faith..... keeping in moderation and using it at the proper time is necessary in this field. 8)