Drinking D50

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheres the fun in that? All the education was so I could have fun, not for my patients comfort, wasn't it? :lol::D:lol::lol: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing3:

*giggle* Yes sorry had a momentary lapse of reason there, lol, must have been thinking straight hehe. 14G anyone? :)

Some idiot EMT from our station administered D50 down an ETT tube years ago. Just a story I hear when I start asking diabetic questions to people I haven't already asked. She was fired pdq.

Some idiot EMT from our station administered D50 down an ETT tube years ago. Just a story I hear when I start asking diabetic questions to people I haven't already asked. She was fired pdq.

How fast is lung absorbtion?

Definitly better to go rectal than drown them down the ETT.

Down here in the South, I have never been in a home that doesn't have peanut butter and jam (perserves, whatever) make a samich and have a small glass of milk-it works wonders-K.I.S.S.[/font:c387f9138d] :roll:

But doesn't it clog the ETT tube? :lol::lol: And isn't it hard to administer rectally? :) Oh you mean when still alert. My bad. :oops:

• 5 months later...
I SAW SOMEONE GIVE D-50 ORALLY ONE TIME AND THOUGHT SHE WAS KILLING THE PT I HAVE FOUND THAT COKE WORKS WELL WE USUALLY KEEP ONE ON THE TRUCK JUST FOR THIS

Please don't scream at us. It is not polite to use all caps, it is equal to screaming. Also punctuation is a need. Please try and post as a professional.

I SAW SOMEONE GIVE D-50 ORALLY ONE TIME AND THOUGHT SHE WAS KILLING THE PT I HAVE FOUND THAT COKE WORKS WELL WE USUALLY KEEP ONE ON THE TRUCK JUST FOR THIS

You keep cocaine on your "truck" just for killing your patients? :?

Wouldn't it be less expensive to just smother them or something?

Now here's an interesting concept... if my patient is confused but has a patent airway, and I have to call for glucose but he's got a jug of orange juice in the fridge, is it kosher for me to give him a glass of OJ? I always thought so...

Easier than making them eat some nasty goop or things that taste kinda like tums...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.