You know it's a bad call when

Dooger

Seems I've been doing a bitof retrospect after some calls lately. The latest was a double stabbing in our "hood". So I git to thinkin, which I do from time to time, how do you know if the call is bad as you're rolling up...?

-The police are roping off the area with crime scene tape... before you get there... and your response time was less than 2 min.

-Your supervisor pulls up and his first comment (after you've got things under control) is: "OH SH**!"

All you can see sticking out of the wreckage is part* of a hand...

Although; I dunno how this qualifies as funny stuff, unless you've got a f**ked up sense of humor.

Although; I dunno how this qualifies as funny stuff, unless you've got a f**ked up sense of humor.

I prefer to call it a "unique" sense of humor, one that helps us cope in our own twisted way. :bom:

you know it is going to be a bad call when you arrive on scene and the crime lab is there, even before the police.

we went on a cardiac arrest after the crime lab was waved down by apartment complex management. he had been dead long enough for moss to grow on him.

fun day.

You know it's going to be a bad call when dispatch tells you that the pt's family quit doing CPR for 5 minutes to watch tv and started it up again. Even worse when you show up on scene and they're doing CPR with the pt still seated on the couch. :roll:

I know it's gonna be a bad call when you sit the patient up and the skin color improves to cyanotic

HEY! I remember that call. Didn't we piss someone off along the way?

You know it's going to be a bad call when you are advised, during the initial dispatch, that the coroner has already been dispatched :shock: . LEOs' [rural sheriff's dept.] weren't dispatched for another 30 minutes :evil: . The dispatcher didn't want to disturbe them while they were in court! :roll:

You know it's going to be a bad call when you are advised, during the initial dispatch, that the coroner has already been dispatched :shock: . LEOs' [rural sheriff's dept.] weren't dispatched for another 30 minutes :evil: . The dispatcher didn't want to disturbe them while they were in court! :roll:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I LOVE dispatch :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.