Is it me or are most of FDNY EMT/Medics miserable?

Is voluntary 911 ambulances a bad thing in NYC?  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I have no problem with free-enterprise, and I'm pretty familiar with the concept. But by that logic there should be competing police services in the city too. Why should the NYPD have a monoply?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with free-enterprise, and I'm pretty familiar with the concept. But by that logic there should be competing police services in the city too. Why should the NYPD have a monoply?

You call that "logic?"

Law is a government function. Medicine is not.

Minus 5 for an invalid analogy.

they do, nypd and ny sherif's office.

+5 for me cuz im a jerk :)

they do, nypd and ny sherif's office.

+5 for me cuz im a jerk :)

-5 for being that unimaginative when it comes to police agencies in NYC.

NYPD

PAPD

MTAPD

TBTAPD

Parks Police

NYC Sheriff

DEA

USMS

FBI Police

Secret Service

Amtrak Police

State Police

And that's just off the top of my head. Hatzolah, those lovable fun bunch of guys, have been pretty much exonerated in having a role in the Crown Height's riot. It is pretty much excepted fact the Jewish occupant was removed first under the direction of NYPD for his own, and the Hatzolah crew's, safety. There members driving at breakneck speed in Crown Victorias with fire engine sirens through the streets of Manhattan, well, that still annoys people.

You know what, you guys win okay, forget the whole damn thing. I don't know why everyone has to be so darn mean.

I do however find the Jewish ambulance kind of hilarious. Do Hatzolah employees all wear side curls and use only kosher saline solutions and drugs?

-5 for being that unimaginative when it comes to police agencies in NYC.

NYPD

PAPD

MTAPD

TBTAPD

Parks Police

NYC Sheriff

DEA

USMS

FBI Police

Secret Service

Amtrak Police

State Police

You forgot the Federal Protective Service, new York State Courts, Sanitation Police, Environmental Conservation Police, New York City Fire Marshals, Postal Police, Co-Op City Police, NYC Hospital Police, just to name a few.

You forgot the Federal Park Police, covering Gateway National Recreation Area units in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island (A.K.A. Richmond) counties in NYC, Sandy Hook in NJ, as well as Liberty Island.

I am also sure we have Military Police in the active Army posts here.

By the way, we have NYC Marshals and NYC Sheriffs, but their function is more towards financial than law enforcement, as in forfeiture seizures and resales.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.