what was your first call

My first call was a rollover with both passengers being ejected right after sunset. I had no flashlight, just the lights of my truck. Being first on scene looked over the situation...no one was in the car,the driver walking wounded and a female passenger was on the ground unconsious, I litterally "triped over her" due to inadequate lighting. Long story short both ended up being ok.

• 2 years later...

Sept 24 1989 - MVA minor injuries - The day I got hired in the city about 20min into my 1st shift first

Yeah I am dating myself

First call as an EMT we were called to the farthest place in our coverage area for a unresponsive pt. I was riding third on a ALS ambulance. We get there and all you could hear was stridor when the pt attempted to breath, started bagging him and noticed that his tounge was swollen and he had huge hives all over him. His eyes were even swollen shut. So our medic gave epi, benadryl and albuterol, I remember how I watched as the swelling went down and breathing improved. Pt improved but remained unresponsive all the way to the hospital which was a 45 minute transport time.

This is one of at least 2 strings reactivated. Long time from April 25, 2007 to January 17, 2010.

Not complaining, just saying...

I do a lot of digging on here to try and find different things to learn about. As a newbie, I thought this was a fun string to read. I would have never thought about trying to find this specifically, so it was a nice surprise.

• Like 2

My first call was for a 30 something year old drunk woman who stumbled into an Old Navy store, stumbled to the change room where she fell to the floor, sobbing. She had some dried blood on her so the staff thought she had been assaulted.

It was an easy call.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.