date line nbc - don't they ever learn

Just Plain Ruff

Have you checked your state for sexual offenders living near you???  

27 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • not lately

Yet, with all this, your kids are still far, far, far more likely to get molested by a relative. That's the facts, jacks, you can put satellite monitors on these guys, statistically speaking, kids will be no safer. Rape, child molestation, sex crimes, these are done by friends and relatives, not the stranger down the block.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ladyemt, maybe this comes to mind:

UGANDA: Female circumcision hurts women’s dignity

Posted On: 19 Feb 2007

By Lule Joseph

Despite visible progress in the battle against female circumcision (genital mutilation), the practice is yet to go away. In some rural areas, victims continue to painfully nurse wounds from the cultural practice that has affected the physical integrity of women and children.

The right to life and physical integrity are considered core human rights. These rights, while often associated with the right to freedom from torture, encompass a number of broader human rights principles, including the inherent dignity of the person, the right to liberty and security of person, and the right to privacy. Acts of violence that result in death or severe bodily harm obviously interfere with a person’s rights to life, physical integrity and privacy.

Is that what you were asking?

I had to vote "not lately."

I am pretty sure that there is no offender registry database in Iraq.

Of course, there are no children on any of these bases either, so it's not a significant problem. B)

Although, one must remember that, despite the best disinformation campaign of the media, not all so-called "sex offenders" are paedophiles either. In many states, simply pissing on the side of the highway makes you a "sex offender."

Well ladyemt, maybe this comes to mind:

UGANDA: Female circumcision hurts women’s dignity

Posted On: 19 Feb 2007

By Lule Joseph

Despite visible progress in the battle against female circumcision (genital mutilation), the practice is yet to go away. In some rural areas, victims continue to painfully nurse wounds from the cultural practice that has affected the physical integrity of women and children.

The right to life and physical integrity are considered core human rights. These rights, while often associated with the right to freedom from torture, encompass a number of broader human rights principles, including the inherent dignity of the person, the right to liberty and security of person, and the right to privacy. Acts of violence that result in death or severe bodily harm obviously interfere with a person’s rights to life, physical integrity and privacy.

Is that what you were asking?

No Wendy, but thanks for asking. Once again, a comment taken completely out of text.

Scaramedic, I can see why the police are so pumped up, on next week's episode they catch a COP who enters the house with a gun.

After they take him into custody they find a cache of weapons, automatic rifles, shotguns andpistols with a round chambered. Who knows why the cop brought all those weapons but after all the past shows, these people know that when they enter the scene they might be on the show. so why shouldn't the officers take these people down.

The pedophile cop with the aresenal should be reason enough.

Wendy, not to be critical but what in in the heck does your post have to do with pedophiles???? I don't see it, please enlighten me.

Second, it is very true that children and young adults are more likely to be victimized by someone they know rather than someone that takes them off the streets.

If a relative or someone the child knows is doing the molestation usually you will survive the molestation but If you are taken off the street you have a tremendously higher chance of being killed after the abuse is over. Yes there is the instances of realtives doing this and then killing the child but the chances are higher of being killed by a stranger abduction than someone you know.

I read somewhere that in a stranger abduction if you do not find the child within 12-14 hours then that child has a 80-90 percent chance of being found dead, not alive. I read this somewhere or heard it on some news special. not sure how correct the 80-90% number is but most stranger abductions you hear about these days end with the child being found dead.

Castration has been proven to not work. you take away the hormones and chemicals in the person's body it does not take away the desire in the mind. Now you have someone who cannot perform the deed(good good thing) but he knows that he wants to molest but he can't perform so he's got huge anger issues now so he will do what he can do and then kill the kid.

We don't need angry, no balls perp's out there.

I thnk we need to take an abandoned mine. put em in there and seal it up. But we can't do that, it would violate their civil liberties.

I have no valid answers in what to do because there will always be someone to take their place. all my answers involve very negative and violent methods.

I just have to say, if someone molests my son, they had better pray to God that the police get to them first, cause if I find em first, it's all over.

Scaramedic, I can see why the police are so pumped up, on next week's episode they catch a COP who enters the house with a gun.

After they take him into custody they find a cache of weapons, automatic rifles, shotguns andpistols with a round chambered. Who knows why the cop brought all those weapons but after all the past shows, these people know that when they enter the scene they might be on the show. so why shouldn't the officers take these people down.

The pedophile cop with the aresenal should be reason enough.

Yeah I saw that, yet physical contact with a suspect is dangerous for the officers also. Once you are on the ground wrestling with a suspect the odds of you getting injured or getting your weapon stripped go way up. The professional and safe way to make an arrest is not to take someone down immediately who is following commands, this cowboy crap I've seen lately is what is giving Police officers a bad name. I know my father would agree, it used to drive him nuts when the local cops would drive by our house at high speeds (over double the posted)on their way to a call. He saw it as part of the "we're cops we can do what we want" mentality that is hurting the profession as a whole.

Can you imagine being in your local grocery store and seeing four officers run in and tackle a shoplifting suspect? Of course not but the odds of a shoplifting suspect being armed are about the same as a kiddie freak or any other member of the public. I am not defending these suspects I just worry about what the general public is going to think and I guarantee that one of these suspects is going to sue for excessive use of force.

Peace,

Marty

I just have to say, if someone molests my son, they had better pray to God that the police get to them first, cause if I find em first, it's all over.

Word!!

Of course they have to get past me, my wife and our new super protective of kids Rot pictured to the left. God help them if the last two get a hold of them!!

Peace,

Marty

I'm with you on the idiot cop thing, Marty. That sort of macho $hit nonsense is one of the main reasons that I was disgusted with law enforcement. More cowboys in police work than in EMS, and that is pretty bad! And the bigger an arsehole you are, the more you get ahead in law enforcement.

And what difference does it make what sort of arsenal the guy has at home? It ain't like he had an AK47 under his t-shirt.

It will take one of those offenders mowing down a few cops -- or camera men or bystanders -- to get them to stop that stupid showboating for the cameras and go back to tactically sound procedures. Until then, they are a disaster -- and a lawsuit -- waiting to happen. They are already suing one city for allowing these stings in a neighbourhood and a gunfight breaking out. It's only a matter of time before cities get too liability conscious, or somebody gets killed, and all this stops.