Northerners and/ay-uhn' Suth'nuhs

Michael

AND REMEMBER: If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

*sigh* This is too true! I still can't convince anyone that I am more southern than they are because I was born in Hawaii! All my friends call me a yankee because my parents are from PA. Guilt by association-so unfair!

As I'm from Noo Yawk, as well as challenging youse guys if dere's a problem wit dat, I also asks youse guys if dere be a count-a-point, for southerners who come up nort ah da Mason-Dixon Line? I'm sure dere has ta be one.

Remember, a lotta tings cost "a nominal egg" (An Arm And A Leg) here, 'specially in Noo Yawk Ciddy.

As fah me, I'll be fixin my earl tank at toity toid street and toid avenoo!

Well could anyone direct me to an on line translation guide?

"caze ther aint no thang like a chiken wing" ? :lol:

cheers

Once in New York I was embarrassed to find incomprehensible the urgent request of another pedestrian who had accosted me for recommendations and directions to "Uh-bah-kyu." Only after he stated this goal several times did I realize he was in search of a food service establishment vending grilled, basted fleshfoods, and could direct him accordingly. But I couldn't figure out why he'd ever left home.

I looked over my shoulder to the stovetop and wondered if I should get rid of my grease can, which is full of..."all manners of used bacon grease."

Wait a minute - I just took this in. What do the local Muslim warlords have to say about your scrofulous diet? :shock:

Wait a minute - I just took this in. What do the local Muslim warlords have to say about your scrofulous diet? :shock:

They said ok, no problem....as long as I do not burn their poppy fields, only their competition's two provinces over.

as long as I do not burn their poppy fields, only their competition's two provinces over.

Afghani Bacon-Corn Bread

INGREDIENTS

1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread/muffin mix

1 egg

1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed

1/3 cup milk

1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1/4 cup grated onion

5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds

1/8 teaspoon paprika

DIRECTIONS

In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon, poppy seeds if desired and paprika. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Be careful not to singe the tops! Traditionally cut into strips, served in a bowl, and eaten warm, on the floor, without utensils.

[web:9d9afaa959]http://www.doggroups.com/images/members/1048798882[/web:9d9afaa959]

Serving Suggestion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.