A different kind of FAQ

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far a flight medic, AK, Me, CHPmedic and others can get together on a Flight medic, Flight nurse FAQ.

I think we should get Dr. Bledsoe to write that one! :D

And yes, he was a Flight Medic at one time. Possibly the first one in Texas.

Whoever does it, I think it is important to give people some insight into the controversy, as well as the accident and death statistics.

No I agree that is very true,, the accident stats are an important factor... another one that some people don't know about is that SOME life Insurance policies will not cover you if you are employed as a flight medic and die in a work related air crash.

That can be a BIG factor in deciding whether or not to work in the aviation field.

My thouhgts are my own and do not represent my agency or dept.

The issue of repetitive questions is something all subject-based web forums have to endure. The problem with the up-board solutions is they don't take into account that all knowledge is fluid.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with broad based FAQs, but if you point all such inquires to a FAQ it stagnates knowledge, and blocks "new" opinions and thoughts on the subject. Granted, it's a balancing act, and that's why it’s a tough problem, but otherwise it's like saying, "here's the final word on a subject," and besides being very ego-centric, there's really no such thing . . .

NickD :D

EMT-B Student

Good points. Like the field itself, the issues are fluid. Consequently both the questions and answers are also fluid. The FAQ must also remain that way, but in a controlled way so that one need not spend time weeding through disjointed posts to find his answers. We'll just have to stay on top of that.

The best thing we can do is to be sure to research the City archives exhaustively to find all previous commentary on a subject to assure that we don't leave any significant pearls out of our topics. To just sit down and write one of these out of our heads without any regard for the current body of knowledge already posted here would be a disservice to our fellow Citizens.

That said, most of the questions in the above list remain quite stable, actually. Other factors may add to the base of knowledge, but the bottom line remains the same. I mean seriously, will job interview preparation ever really change? Will Turd Watch ever become a realistic show? I think not. :D

The issue of repetitive questions is something all subject-based web forums have to endure. The problem with the up-board solutions is they don't take into account that all knowledge is fluid.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with broad based FAQs, but if you point all such inquires to a FAQ it stagnates knowledge, and blocks "new" opinions and thoughts on the subject. Granted, it's a balancing act, and that's why it’s a tough problem, but otherwise it's like saying, "here's the final word on a subject," and besides being very ego-centric, there's really no such thing . . .

NickD :D

EMT-B Student

Well said! - Admin

OK, I volunteer to write all the faqs concerning animal training in EMS!

No, no need to thank me...really...I don't mind....stop it...it's nothing...I'm just happy to be of sevice....

Dwayne

Woof.

Sit, stay. Heal.

Best of luck training those beasts.

You are my hero. :D

L

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.