my "bat belt"

thecroc

Let's see I am a RN/CCP and have been doing so nearly thirty years. I wear only a radio holder on my belt, because I am required to carry a radio. I have a total of a pair of scissors, and ink pen and cheat books. So far, I have gone without notice of carrying anything else. Stethoscope, gloves all can be worn before I approach a patient. Have yet seen any need for a pouch... but, that is my personal opinion..as well I don't get laughed at.

R/r 911

Agreed.

Half of the stuff on my belt is my communications equipment (portable and keynote pager)

Then I have a glove pouch and a holster (with shears and a flashlight.)

And I only put that crap on when I'm out of the base.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you say that the name "bat belt " or the pouch for gloves or maybe for the stethoscope what right now i do not have a jump / trauma / emt bag an i am a vollenter with a small recue squad so i need so thing that i can pick up and go with

and i glad you like it

ok next time i will the spell check next time :oops: :oops: :oops:

May I suggest black fabric, with black thread
yes you may and next time i will match the thread and fabric a i can see orange better in less light than black
I'm a volunteer too.. Please don't make us all look like the common whacker

I am not trying to make any one look like a common whacker and as soon as i get jump / trauma / emt bag what ever you want to call it

real sorry about the spelling :|:|

Croc: You just defy any words that could describe your post and your silly bat belt...Ass clownish,moronic, geeky, nerdish, momma's boylike, dweby, rescue ricky, jerry's kidlike, buffoonery, wankeristic, moonchildish...ok I better stop here.

Go wear your bat belt around a bunch of nurses, doctors, and other professional people.Offer them some chewing tobacco from one of your pouches and a mini bottle from another pouch and make your volunteer squad proud of ya kid!

Hey! Wear it to school tomorrow and see what the in crowd(popular kids) think of it. You might start your own fashion!

Somedic

I'm waiting on a punchline....this is a joke right? I have a "jump kit" which is escentially a couple 4x4's, a CPR mask, a stethescope and a BP cuff. It might get used twice, maybe three times a year....a belt is not only overkill, but embarassing to anyone who identifies themselves as a healthcare professional.

CDV: Ricky Rescue or Rescue Ricky is not related to Resusi Anne. In this part of the country you can spot a Ricky Rescue a mile a way! Look for the following:

Is a member of a volunteer rescue squad. Wears real job work shirt to a call, you know the mechanic shirts with the oval name patch like Gus, Bubba, Bogater, Timbo and yes...Ricky! Rescue Ricky also could wear a uniform shirt and badge with raggy blue jeans and cowboy boots....oh and a NASCAR hat.

Rescue Rickys stop at minor MVCs and try to talk people in to going to the hospital even though they did not want to go to start with...this makes Ricky feel good when he can talk on the radio using 10-codes which he thinks will impress people.

Ricky also drags his fat wife and feral kids out from the trailer park and into restaurants where he is seen to demand his "EMS" discount, all the while he has also brought his radio in to sit on the dinner table blaring out loud and annoying other customers.

Ricky Loves to keep adding flashing lights and decals to his privately owned vehicle.

Hell, This could go on and on....I hope this helps

Somedic