Child Arrested After Opening Holiday Gift Early

skibum

Didn't see this posted yet, but found it entertaining and thought i'd share:

Child arrested after opening Christmas gift early

Child Arrested After Opening Holiday Gift Early

POSTED: 9:26 am PST December 5, 2006

What is the penalty for opening your Christmas presents too early?

For one South Carolina 12-year-old, the penalty was arrest.

A Rock Hill, S.C., woman called police and asked them to arrest her son who opened a Christmas present early after being told not to, the Rock Hill Herald reported. Police went to the house and arrested the boy and charged him with petty larceny.

The paper reported that the boy's great-grandmother had specifically told him not to open his present, which contained a Nintendo Game Boy Advance. It was wrapped and lying under the Christmas tree, the police report stated.

But on Sunday morning, the gift was unwrapped and the box was empty. So when the boy's mother found out, she alerted police, the paper reported.

"He took it without permission. He wanted it. He just took it," the 63-year-old great-grandmother told the Herald.

The women said that the boy lied to them at first, saying he was unaware of where the video game system was. After threat of calling the police, the boy apparently gave the toy back to his mother, the paper reported. But the upset mother called police anyway.

Two officers responded and charged the child as a juvenile with petty larceny, although he was not jailed.

The mother told the Herald that she didn't know what else to do with her son, so she called police. The paper reported she is a single mother and has been struggling with constant behavior problems from the boy. She said her son still showed no remorse when the police came.

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.

The mother plans to have her son placed with the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia at his court appearance, the Herald reported.

Thoughts? :lol:

I would have probably did the same thing....This same topic came up on anther forum I frequent. Shock/Fear factor does work. I know.

My nephew was like that, he stole my money, he stole his dad's and mother's money, he even stole from his baby sister. He broke into people's homes and stole anything he could get his hands on.

He even stole mail from the mailbox, phones me on the phone to ask if I would be stupid enough to cash it,said it was his friend's cheque. I asked questions as to why he couldnt get anyone like his family to cash the check for him, he said his friend's parents were out of town and he needed the money now. I know my nephew is such a great lier, that other kid was innocent.

I had the police breathing down my shirt asking me why I cashed a stolen cheque, didnt you know thats an offence, I could goto jail. No kidding I said, I believed my nephew, I also figured that hey if it bounces I can always go after it through the parents.

My sister said the hand writing looked very much like my nephew's and I believe whole heartedly he was to blame and not this other kid.

When my nephew stole my money, the cops told me I had every right to charge him, so when I told my sister what it was I was planning to do, she told me not to, that she was the mom and she will deal out the punishment.

I told her it's to late I've already filed, let's just say I have never heard my sister swear, cry and tell me to get out of her God dam house and never come back. So when the cops came over to chat with my nephew, my sister tried to tell them(cops) that oh my sister dropped the charges, she isnt charging him, and they said nobody told them, she said yeah she's on her way over to the district 6 to explain. I get a call on my cellphone from the district 6 police asking me if it were true that I was dropping all charges and if so I had to come in and explain why I was dropping them. As I'm leaving my house the cops showed up, spoke to me for 20 minutes, had me sign a statement and they left.

If your going to charge someone, do it, dont second guess it, even if it does piss your family off, my nephew stole well over $2500 from his parents over a period of 6months and not once did my sister apologize for him until they found $2500 gone.

God does say to forgive & forget, sure and I nearly went to jail for that.

Ahhhh, Christmas in the trailer park. Eh, what's childhood without a little psychological trauma? I hope the kid grows up to be a crossdressing necrophiliac because of the experience.

I hope dispatch offered to send an officer over to shoot him.......

That had to be my favorite on ebaumsworld! Not that I'm surprised by this.. The 27 y/o mother of a 12 year old boy. :roll:

Anyone else hear that noise? Sounds to me like... Jingle Bells? No.. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!.. thats it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.