Christmas and drugs...

Interesting........

I am in a similiar situation right now, no money, wondering where I am going to come up with a house payment this month and planning a trip to bankruptcy court on Thursday. Nice.

I keep reciting to myself that God shall provide for us but as I try to keep that faith, a fat wad of cash looks rather appealing right now. Could I do it? no. Would the thought cross my mind? yes. and if my children were doing without and going to bed hungry at night (which I know was not in the scenerio)? definately. I can handle going without but when you enter children into the equasion, things take a different spin. Theft is never acceptable but neither is a child going to bed hungry.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as i dont believe in religion fearing the vengeful wrath of an almighty is not a concern for me. If i was desperate enough id say id probably pocket a fistful and leave most of it there. If i could mostly do without it would stay in the bastards pockets for the coppers to have.......

Id have to be damn sure i could get away with it though

[quoat]develop sincere, dedicated EMS professionals[/quoat]

I'm sincere, I'm dedicated and I'm professional....but im also human, but id also knock some of if i was in dire straits......how honest is that?

I now await the ass reaming that i know is coming my way

No ass reaming will be allowed as that was not the purpose of this post. If I did that or allowed someone else to do it, I would never get any truthful, honest reponses. Who am I to tell you that is right or wrong? Make your own decision and be prepared to live by it, that is all I ask.

Thanks for some of the varying replies I am getting now. I know Dust said it first but I kind of expected it out of him..lol.

Hey AK,

When I went throught the basic academy they broght in a speaker (someone higher up in the college I think) to speak on ethics. He presented the class with this question (the best that I can remember it):

You have been unemployed, your money is gone, homelessness is a real possibility. You have a wife and kids. You have put in an application for a job that you are easily qualified for and are down to the finish line in the interview process. If given the job you will make more money than you have ever made before. The problem is that the final process to being hired is to swear in writing that you have never smoked marijuana. You have, though it has been years. Do you swear that you haven't to get the job? I believe there is also a slim chance of the truth being revealed in the future if you choose to lie.

I think he started out to make a good point, though for me it went to far. For example, I said I would lie (This is nowhere near the boundary of things I might do to keep my family from going hungry). He went on to use me as an example to make the point that if I would lie here, then there is no additional step I would be unwilling to take in the future. If I understood him correctly, at this point I was essentially no different than a child molester or bank robber. They were just immoral choices I hadn't chosen to make 'yet'.

Anyway, I don't know if this is something you can use...I just thought I would throw it in just in case. It certainly made me think! Yeah...and it turns out I was the only moral/ethical deviant in class...so EMS appears to be safe!

Dwayne

I'd probably turn in the money.....but I've never seen that much cash at one time before, so if the oppurtunity ever actually presented itself to me, I guess I'd probably re-consider.

Especially if my family was starving....I mean, you can only stretch yourself so thin. I'd only want a little until I could make ends meet, even though my conscience would bother me until the end of time. But that's something that I ultimately would have to live with, I guess....

If I DIDN'T need the money, the choice would be obvious.....turn it in and forget about it.

But one has to wonder, where does all this drug money go when you turn it into the police? And the drugs that are confiscated? Do they (police) have a mega-party with all this shyt every year? Where does it go???

For example, I said I would lie (This is nowhere near the boundary of things I might do to keep my family from going hungry). He went on to use me as an example to make the point that if I would lie here, then there is no additional step I would be unwilling to take in the future.

IF that was the impression i got from this persons presentation, i think i would be pissed off to say the least!

When i was 6, i stole a chocolate bar from supermarket.....i guess that means ill grow up into a rapist!

I would keep it but to a point where I would go and donate it to another charity, like the children's cottage or homeless shelter.

You're right it sits in storage and when those men/women do an undercover and they use that money to buy drugs and bring these people down, it get's recorded and placed back in lock down storage.

I would say get a receipt from that cop, his name, badge no# and how much there was, because your right when you think of it, who doesnt say they cant use that kind of cash, whose going to miss it, right?

I must say I am disturbed by the line of questioning. Can someone please tell me why a person who must deliberate about whether or not to steal should be trusted to care for helpless patients?

I'm intrigued by your use of the word "steal." If I were to take that money, whom would I be stealing from? Who is the owner of this money?

The answer is (legally speaking), nobody owns the money. It is drug proceeds, and therefore will be forfeited to (aka stolen by) the government for their own illicit purposes. Again, whether I take it or not, there is zero chance that my patient is going to leave the hospital with it.

The money belongs to nobody. Finders keepers. He who acts first wins.