Christmas and drugs...

But since we are talking about opinions here, I think that is an absolutely absurb comparison.

Dude, the whole American "justice" system is absurd! Consequently, absurdity comes with the territory when discussing it.

When hiring, the nature or severity of the crime is not really an issue to me as much is a pattern of disregard for the rules.

Personally, I'm not hiring the doper or the molester. They're both people who cannot be trusted.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, the whole American "justice" system is absurd! Consequently, absurdity comes with the territory when discussing it.

When hiring, the nature or severity of the crime is not really an issue to me as much is a pattern of disregard for the rules.

Personally, I'm not hiring the doper or the molester. They're both people who cannot be trusted.

I can respect your opinion, my point was simply to outline the difference, and that a person who has smoked pot 1 time and a child molester are NOT the same type of people.

Furthermore, smoking pot in many countries is NOT a crime punishable by law, Canada (ontario) is 1 such example (depending of the circumstances of course).

I find it interesting that you choose to call a person who has experimented with pot 1 time a "DOPER" who cannot be trusted. Your readiness to put labels on people (and I am NOT talking about the molester, an opinion we share) makes me wonder a few things. If I have noticed anything throughout my life, it's that those who judge and label others so quickly are usually those with the most skeletons in their closet.

You live in a bubble if you think that many of those immediately around you have never smoked pot or driven drunk - I am not saying it is acceptable, I am just stating a fact. Smoking pot is a personal choice. Driving drunk endagers the lives of others.

Someone tries some weed at a concert in the seventies and they are untrustworthy? Comparible to molesters and drunk drivers? If i need to sit here and point out the VERY distinct differences between these kinds of people, I'd be wasting my time.

98% of all EMS workers (Fire, Police, Medics) would never get hired if their lives were scrutinized under a microscope. Including yours.

And just for the record, I think molesters should be shot. preferrably by a bunch of stoned hippies.

I can respect your opinion, my point was simply to outline the difference, and that a person who has smoked pot 1 time and a child molester are NOT the same type of people.

I submit that they are. They are both people who selfishly decide to disregard the law and society for their own personal reasons, knowing full well that they are breaking the law and risking their careers. That is more than a minor crime. It is a major character flaw. I choose not to hire people with seriously flawed character.

I could take a willingness to take money that does not belong to you and chalk it up to "finders keepers, but its not stealing" as a serious character flaw as well. Don't take stuff thats not yours. It worked well in kindergarten and it works well today. Next you'll tell me how taking a deceased person with no relative's jewelry is okay too, right? Leave that stuff to the firefighters.

I could take a willingness to take money that does not belong to you and chalk it up to "finders keepers, but its not stealing" as a serious character flaw as well. Don't take stuff thats not yours. It worked well in kindergarten and it works well today. Next you'll tell me how taking a deceased person with no relative's jewelry is okay too, right? Leave that stuff to the firefighters.

That reminds me, I need new jeans.

I could take a willingness to take money that does not belong to you and chalk it up to "finders keepers, but its not stealing" as a serious character flaw as well. Don't take stuff thats not yours.

A more rational rule would be "don't take stuff that belongs to somebody else." Taking that money would be like taking sand from the desert. It belongs to whoever bends over and scoops it up.

Next you'll tell me how taking a deceased person with no relative's jewelry is okay too, right? Leave that stuff to the firefighters.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are! :D