Do you carry these on duty?

somedic

Does anyone here carry radiation/Gamma pagers while working EMS? Im not interested in compromising you or your Deps security. Im only looking for what you may carry and if its the whole Department or certain personnel

Thanks for any help

SOMEDIC

Timmy: A "radiation pager" is basically a pager type personal detector that alarms you when you are close to certain types of radiation mainly Gamma radiation. they vary in cost and complexity.

Scaramedic: Radiation pagers are another sign of this post 9-11 world we live in. Most EMS systems aound here will never have "gamma" pagers, not even a service I'm familiar with that has a big Nuclear power plant in their back yard carries them. They would not know what to do any way but panic

:lol: BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA The only way our personnel will know if there is radiation in the air, is if we see a blast, or actually start to die. Although we do have some CDV-717's in the cellar w/ the FCDA stuff.

As "First Responders", I always have a personal feeling like we are the government's canary.

What does that mean? Are we all caught up on our mining history? If the canary dies in its cage, its not safe to be there, so someone else comes in with proper protection.

canary.jpg

That would make an interesting firehouse.com cartoon; a bunch of firemen and medics in a cage, being held my the long arm of Uncle Sam! :lol:

That would make an interesting firehouse.com cartoon; a bunch of firemen and medics in a cage, being held my the long arm of Uncle Sam! :lol:

Oh dude! That is inspired right there! You had better copyright that one fast before it shows up in the New York Times!

We carry them here in East Anglia - they are battery eating machines that scare the living daylights out of you when you go through the security stands at the supermarket.......................

Good cure for constipation I think!!

Andy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.