To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

My name is Fred and I was a medic in Jersey City from 1981 through 1998, along with 3 years of Newark EMS time prior to my Paramedic certification . Time in Newark paralleled my Jersey City time. .. If you are finishing up high school congrats.. Stay in school.. EMS was very interesting and I have many unbelievable memories good and bad.. EMS now a days is filled with to much garbage.... Pardon my candid response. however, you need a good couple years of field experience before even thinking of entering the paramedic program.. You can try (once certified) by getting a per-diem job in Jersey City as an EMT and see how things are done.,Do yourself a favor, until you can feel comfortable with patient care, basic and intermediate ( I truly mean comfortable) you will be doing yourself an injustice and the type of medic you will become will be one who has no street experience and without that all you have is a piece of paper (your certification).for that manner you might as well just forget about it..

Andrew, remember get the all important street experience, inner city and suburban ....

Good luck ,

My name is John. Everybody at my EMS calls me Big John. I think it is cause i'm 6'4" and weigh around 400 lbs. I'm from Southern Indiana. I'm an EMT at the Basic level and ive been an EMT for about 2 years with 3 years in EMS. I really enjoy this site and it is awesome. there you go, Later, Big John

• 1 month later...

Howdy all. My name is Dave and I have been in EMS for 27 years. I have been a paramedic for 19 years. I have been a volunteer for my entire career for a squad in Northwest Ohio, and have worked full time as a medic for several private and hospital based services for most of my 19 years as a medic.

In addition to this, I have been an Ohio certified EMS Instructor for 6 years.

I look forward to communicating with all of you in EMT City. And if there are any questions that I may be able to answer for any of you, feel free to ask. I will do all that I can to help out.

Thanks,

Dave

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.