To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

This site has great topics, especially for those us new to the field.

Students, Taking the test and Scenarios are my favorites.

The spell check is handy also....

I think I'm going to like this guy! :thumbright:

Let me just say as a "newbie" to the site and a newbie paramedic student, so far I have found that this site is a wonderful place!!!

I must say that this place has been a lifesaver for the past year & a half I've been in Paramedic school.

Hey, all; I'm Jay S. I'm an EMT-B in Indiana who perservered through a "Boot Camp" course which packed the normal semester into under a month. Not a good idea for anyone who has no medical background (case in point). In any event, I'm really enjoying it, doing well (so far), and do intend to earn my Paramedic degree. Eventually. I figure a couple years as a Basic will be beneficial and give me a good foundation for my EMT-P. Due to HIPA laws, I don't post much about the patients we get, but my weblog is: http://armed-and-christian.blogspot.com[/font:a7e1920504]

• 2 weeks later...

i don't like to start a whole new thread for myself, so this place looks good for an intro! :)

i grew up in the Philippines, have lived in the USA for 2 years only yet. i am currently in EMT-B class, and will take state tests in December. i want the basic training that i'm getting to use when i go overseas again and live in rural, more-or-less remote areas; i also want to be more involved in local communities here in the USA. if i stick around here for a few more years, i might get some paramedic training, so that i'm more prepared for overseas when i'll be in crazy situations with no form of backup whatsoever within about an hour up a mountain on a motorcylce...

but anyway, being on EMT City has given me a clear glimpse into the EMS culture. i've also learned some things that i hope to apply someday soon here.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really consider myself a Newbie. I have been lurking for quite some time, and I love what I have found in this site. I was a paramedic for six years starting in 1991,until I was injured on the job and got gun-shy. I left EMS for a number of years. I recently got "Siren-Fever" and decided to start all over from scratch. Here I am now as a basic, in "P-School" again. This site is the best. I love the advice given from all levels of EMS(though ABRASIVE AT TIMES).

Thanx for all of the input.

Gregory

Howdy to you all...I'm really enjoying this site and conversing with many of you on a lot of topics that after being on the job for 25yrs and now retired ,that I can give some postive input and shed a different light on things,,,I have recieved positve replies and just like to say again...great site...Peace to you all.

• 1 month later...

My name is Dan...and I am an EMS addict. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, right?

I'm a NYS EMT-B with a volunteer ambulance corp that provides BLS service to my college campus and also a member of a fire department at home.

I am in EMS because of the high salaries, gorgeous patients, low stress working environment, and the fact that I can have 10 light bars on my car and impress people with my NYPD style EMT badge which is worn around my neck or kept on my belt at all times. /sarcasm

Seriously though, I started participating in wilderness search and rescue a number of years ago through the USAF Aux. and got interested in the medical side of SAR. Started pursing that interest by joining an ambulance corp to get some experience and training. I know, I know a little more than when I started but I also know I still have a hell of a long way to go. Looking to do WEMT, PHTLS, PEPP, and maybe a few other courses within the next year or so. I understand the importance of training and education over whacker swag and have already learned a lot from just lurking around the forum. Being corrected and occasionally ripped apart is part of learning and growing and I'm open to it. I have a feeling one of the members in a hotter climate will get around to doing this eventually.

EMS is not a stepping stone for me and I'm not a pre-Med student. I am planning on sticking with the prehospital side of medicine.

It's about time I joined and started interacting. I am a fan of spell check, proper grammar, and punctuation but if I do slip up from time to time I have no doubt that it will be pointed out to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.