To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

Hi everyone! Really new to EMS, just taking good 'ole Anatomy and a First Responder course(as a pre-requisite to EMT-B)at the local college.Also taking a Basic Arrhythmia class and finding it fascinating-the instructor has been an RN for 47 years,WOW! Love this site...the funny stuff and the informative...My name is Val and I live in sunny Sonoma,CA.(it was 75 F today :) )

I don't know if I formally introduced myself, I am Leann. I am an EMT-AI (advanced intermediate) in Wyoming. I just left EMS, to go work as a golf course supervisor (I know I know, BIG change!). I am going to keep up my certification, and I think I may go be a volunteer Fire Fighter for the County. I have not decided yet. I don't know what else to say. I am happily married and I have an 18-year old son (who is a pain in my a$$ most of the time HA HA HA! :) ) If you have questions you may send me a private message.

Lea

New to this great sight. I have enjoyed the sight since joining, only wish I had found it earlier. I'm a EMT-B with 24 yrs under my belt, but learning new things every day. I manage an privately owned Ambulance Service in the hills of SWVA.

As I mentioned I have some experience in this field, and would like to tell the newcomers that the EMS profession is not at all easy, but is a very rewarding one. Keep your head open, and listen, and remember your primary concern is your patient.

I have noticed in our area, that the shortage of ALS providers is becoming a problem. We hire EMT-P, EMT-I, and RN's. We do alot of interfacility transports, which usually require ALS, so the need for ALS providers is always there.

Again so very happy to have found the sight, and hope to get to know alot with the interest in EMS like myself.

New to this great sight. I have enjoyed the sight since joining, only wish I had found it earlier. I'm a EMT-B with 24 yrs under my belt, but learning new things every day. I manage an privately owned Ambulance Service in the hills of SWVA.

As I mentioned I have some experience in this field, and would like to tell the newcomers that the EMS profession is not at all easy, but is a very rewarding one. Keep your head open, and listen, and remember your primary concern is your patient.

I have noticed in our area, that the shortage of ALS providers is becoming a problem. We hire EMT-P, EMT-I, and RN's. We do alot of interfacility transports, which usually require ALS, so the need for ALS providers is always there.

Again so very happy to have found the sight, and hope to get to know alot with the interest in EMS like myself.

welcome dude i am from SWVA too small world isnt it :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hmmm, let's see. I live in in the small town of Houston in the southern portion of Texas (that small country south of the state of Oklahoma) lol. I am a Paramedic/RN and I work a local city 911 and the local ER. Great area to live (if you like bugs and humidity). I hope totalk to a few people on here!! Later!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody my name is Allen J. Sanderson (flopeyeman) I live in a great small town in south carolina (great Falls) I'm a retired paramedic I worked in a third service EMS for about fifteen years and loved it but I had to retire due to health reason but I loved being a paramedic and I surely miss it every day just wanted to say hello :D

Howdy doo everybody. My name's Kenneth. Once upon a time a couple of years ago I was an EMT-B, then between military affairs and other events I didn't get the chance to re-cert. Now I'm about literally a hop skip and a jump from testing out in my class and gettin back into the field of EMS.

That's about all I have to say right now, I never was a man of many words, I hope everybody enjoys the site, I myself am still in the midst of trying to figure out everything on here :lol:

My name is Nate, age 20. I am in Kansas City, Missouri.

I am a EMT-Basic working at a warehouse. Meaning I don't have an EMS job yet. I am currently working on it. I actually am hoping I got an ER Tech position but won't find out till Monday.

That is the basics of me, unless you got time to read a book.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.