To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

Hello everyone.

My name is Bill and I have been lurking around the forums and going into the chats every so often. I am currently a Fire Marshal for a large motorcycle company in the U.S. Yeah, like that doesn't give it away where I work... But anyways, I am currently waiting on getting my cards after taking an EMT-B course this past fall. My background? I've been around the emergency services for all of my life, but have been actively involved for the past 22 years in the fire/haz-mat end of it primarily. With my job, I oversee the emergency response team and decided that, even though we have a nurse on duty, it would be benefical to at least have the EMT training. We have several EMT-B's and a paramedic on the team but they are not on the shift I work. I was told about this site by a friend of mine and have since been coming frequently. I find this site to be very good for information about the EMS community throughout the world.

Bill

Hi everyone! My name is Brandy and this is actually my very first post. I'm not one to post my opinions but I love to read through everyone elses! I passed my EMT-B class back in December (highest grade in my class! whoohoo!) and state practicals went very well. I am currently awaiting my NREMT exam results and IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!! I always did well on the tests in class, which my instructor said he made them to be "almost as difficult" as the NREMT exam. So of course, I went into the exam feeling confident and came out feeling completely lost. I took it on Dec. 26, and I have been checking for the online results everyday at least 3 times a day! LOL! I know, I'm pathetic! But I'm sure ya'll have been in my shoes before. I will not be the first EMT in my family (assuming I passed). I have a sister who is an EMT-B and is about to finish her Paramedic program, her fiance` is an EMT-B, my brother is an EMT-B, my cousin just started the program, and my oldest nephew is starting the program this month! We could start our own ambulance service! Besides EMS stuff, I enjoy everything about weather (I used to be a meteorology major), love all kinds of music, I sing country/bluegrass locally, play guitar and a few other instuments, I enjoy being outdoors doing whatever, and hanging out with my boyfriend and other friends. I am currently in college, finishing up some prereqs for the nursing program. As of now I'm a nursing major and I plan to get into the Emergency/Trauma side of things when I become an RN...however, becoming a Paramedic is not out of the question. I can't think of anything else to say about myself! If I passed the NREMT exam, I'll be sure to make my second post ever to spread the good news! Nice meeting everyone! Take care! :lol:

Not sure if I introduced myself earlier, so here it is.

I am a 21 year old male currently finishing his degree in English(maj) and History(maj) at the University of Toronto. A group on my campus was started in my early years here called EMRG (Emergency Medical Response Group) - it is a volunteer group of students who provide EFR service 24/7 and by request for scheduled events on campus. A friend of mine joined up and through her I've come to point my previously-aimless highbeams at paramedicine.

The plan is to graduate and then apply to some of the accredited programs here in Ontario, preference being Centennial, so expect lots of "durr" questions and lurking as I absorb some of the wisdom posted here :)

As for recreation, I visit the gym once in a while and do some jogging. Down time involves some Xbox360 and computer games, or maintaining/administrating the support forums for a popular site.

I'll be learning (lurking?) and expanding my knowledge and hope to maybe pick up a few pointers for my future in paramedicine- see you around!

:edit:

It would appear all of my previous experience was in the chat, as evidenced by my new post count of 1. Disregard previous "not sure" statement :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi...Im new here too... Just signed up after I got into Centennial college :) and will start this Fall... already this site is helping me alot.... and will help even more when I start going there..

BTW Anybody else going into centennial this year? we might be class fellows...

I'm not sure if I introduced myself earlier... so here goes.

I'm 32 years old, I live in Tampa, FL., I spent 8 years in the USCG. I went to USF to get my BSME but decided that was not what I wanted to do. I volunteer with CERT, was given MFR training from Tampa Fire Rescue and I am part of a NASAR team here in Florida. I am a 4x4 freak (I drive a 5" lifted Jeep Cherokee on 33s.) I am working on my amateur radio license in my spare time and attend ICS courses at the CG Aux. when available. I hope to be able to go to HCC soon to do my EMT-B and then continue to Paramedic there. I read almost everything here to try to learn something from it. I have found this site to be an amazing resource and am honored to be here. Thanks for allowing me to lurk.

Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.