To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

Yea, Im a struggling alcoholic.... struggling to become one :twisted: lol

More power to ya. Everyone needs a goal in life.

Is that person on the drinking team, with a bowling problem?

Hey, I resemble that remark. Or at least use to. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there lady from Jax florida

Is that forensic science? You aren't going to the ITT technical institute are you? I've seen ads for that place. If you are going there what do you think of it?

Have fun here at the city?

Is that forensic science? You aren't going to the ITT technical institute are you? I've seen ads for that place. If you are going there what do you think of it?

I worry that the stupid arse CSI shows are going to do the same thing to forensics that Turd Watch did to EMS. So many people are going to be attracted to the field by the completely unrealistic and melodramatic portrayal on television that it will soon become overpopulated. Forensic techs will become a dime a dozen, driving down both the salaries and the job opportunities.

Hey guys!!!

I've posted on a few threads now but I have yet to properly introduce myself. Obviously my name is Marcus which you could probably tell by my screen name. I am a Paramedic and work at a municipal 911 service in Oklahoma (non fire based) that probably serves about 10000 - 12000 people. I started my EMS journey back in 2002 and have done the fire service thing but found that I enjoy EMS a lot more. We average about 7 - 10 calls a shift (probably not a whole lot compared to most of you urban guys). Anyway see you around the forums!!! Later Gaters!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Janice. I'm an EMT-B and I just recently published my book of memoirs as an EMT and a Deputy Coroner. I'm wondering if I'm permitted to give out the information as to how someone could get one if they wanted to buy one. In my book I've tried to express the toll this work takes on us, the side that the general public doesn't see. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

This seems to be a great site. Thanks!

Well Janice, that would be up to the Administrator. It's through his wisdom on what is and isn't allowed.

Sounds like you've done what I have always wanted to do. Good luck on sales.

I worry that the stupid arse CSI shows are going to do the same thing to forensics that Turd Watch did to EMS. So many people are going to be attracted to the field by the completely unrealistic and melodramatic portrayal on television that it will soon become overpopulated. Forensic techs will become a dime a dozen, driving down both the salaries and the job opportunities.

Yea, now we can get back to putting the falsley acused in prison and to death again like they did before forensics. Maybe if they put spinner rims on the CSI Miamii Hummer H2 we can get all the gang bangers to solve the crimes too :twisted: You know, to save some time and money.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.