To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

• 1 month later...

My Real name is Travis but go by Sir Andrew on the net.

I am thinking about becoming a First Responder but not fully sure yet looking for more information before jumping in with both feet ;) so to speak.

I live in NW Indiana

Sir Andrew

P.S. if any own can show me how to edit my profile on this MB I would be very happy

My Real name is Travis but go by Sir Andrew on the net.

I am thinking about becoming a First Responder but not fully sure yet looking for more information before jumping in with both feet ;) so to speak.

I live in NW Indiana

Sir Andrew

P.S. if any own can show me how to edit my profile on this MB I would be very happy

If i am not mistaken you have to have 10 post to edit your profile why not just become a emt b then go up the ladder?

Welcome to the city

I have some medical problems that would keep me from working as a EMT full time. But want more training then basic first aid so I was thinking about a First Responder

I am not sure if any of you know what Distal Renal Tubular Acidosis is, What it means is my body does not filter the acid from my blood with out the help of medication. and I have had lots of problems with kidney stones we are talking 4 1/2 pounds of them taken out at one time.

So my body is not strong enough for full time work as a EMT. I am going to goto college to learn web Design & Devolment, but want some way to help others. almost as a thank you to all the the medical field has done for me and for what God has bought me thou.

Sir Andrew

I have some medical problems that would keep me from working as a EMT full time. But want more training then basic first aid so I was thinking about a First Responder

I am not sure if any of you know what Distal Renal Tubular Acidosis is, What it means is my body does not filter the acid from my blood with out the help of medication. and I have had lots of problems with kidney stones we are talking 4 1/2 pounds of them taken out at one time.

So my body is not strong enough for full time work as a EMT. I am going to goto college to learn web Design & Devolment, but want some way to help others. almost as a thank you to all the the medical field has done for me and for what God has bought me thou.

Sir Andrew

I can feel for you, Andrew (Travis). I stopped counting at 12 stones myself. After 16 yrs. in the field I had to retire and go on disability for neuro muscular problems. The field can be strenuous. But you can take the EMT class for the info and education, even take the EMT test, but you don't necessarily have to go into the field if you choose not to.

Good luck to you. Anytime you have a question, there are several of us here that are more than willing to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

My name is Jim, I geuss you could call me an Old, Newbie. I am 47 and have been an EMS volunteer for several years with my church, serving on our EMS team, it is a large non denominaional church with nearly 4000 members and regular attenders, I just recently graduated from EMT-B class and passed the NC State exam for my certification. I am also in the process of joining North Meck Rescue Squad, which is one of the busiest Heavy Rescue Squad in Mecklenburg County, NC second only to Charlotte City Fire Dept.

I am looking forward to this Forum, I just found it and it seems to be an interesting site.

Thanks,

Jim

My name is Kiel.

I am very new to the EMS profession. I became nationally registered as EMT-B just this last June. I recently moved from Southern California to Northwest Alaska and am currently employed as a full-time EMT/Firefighter for Kotzebue City Fire Department. So far I am loving the profession and I am happy to be part of EMS. I'm hoping to maintain perspective and expand as I read through the discussions here at EMT city.

My name is Kiel.

I am very new to the EMS profession. I became nationally registered as EMT-B just this last June. I recently moved from Southern California to Northwest Alaska and am currently employed as a full-time EMT/Firefighter for Kotzebue City Fire Department. So far I am loving the profession and I am happy to be part of EMS. I'm hoping to maintain perspective and expand as I read through the discussions here at EMT city.

Welcome to the site.

Kotz...what an interesting town...LOL. Got to love the "dry" ones. I lived in Nome for a bit, then KTN, been all over the Norton Sound region including Kotz.

Hope to see you around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.