To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

Well let's see here about me you ask. Careful what you ask for peeps!! lol

My name is Eric, I am 32, like long walks on the beach, quite sunsets, margaritas...................wait wrong website!

I started volunteering at a FD in east TN when I was 17, got my 1st Resp license that same year when I turned 18. For those of you counting that was in 1992. I became a station captain a few years later then went to EMT school in 1997. Took my first EMT job in east TN in 1998 and started up the rescue ladder. Taking every course from high angle and swift water rescue to public safety diving and cave rescue. I started paramedic school in Jan 01 and my first day as a medic was Sep 11, 2002. I worked in east TN till Dec 07 and my fiance and I moved to Knoxville, TN where I took a job as a street medic and I was promoted to Supervisor a few months ago. My fiance is an RN at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, she a trauma nurse in their ER so I see her quite a bit as we work the same rotation. We have an 8 month old bouncing baby brat girl who has learned she can pull up on the coffee table and switch Daddy's TV stations!! She finds this extremely humorous (hence the nickname BRAT!! :)) We also have a dog that is smaller than the baby and the baby enjoys crawling after her and tormenting her which I find extremely humorous (hence my nickname #$%hole)

Soooooooo anyway, I love to play golf, my handicap is 10 and you have to ask what that is then you don't play golf lol I am taking flight lessons and I love to rock climb and rappell, hike, bike, swim, read, if it gets me outside I pretty much like it!!! Ummmm...........that's about all I can think of right this second. If you wanna know more than please ask your own risk!! Ya never know what I might spit out in a fit of goofy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and please forgive any mistakes (first timer)! Anyway my name is Dee and I have been a paramedic in cleve, Oh for 11 years. Ijust left there to try my luck in the sun. Recently relocated to s/w florida. Any new friends in Sarasota or Ft. Myers area w/ advice or kind words would be greatly appreciated.

Hi my name is Dave aka n0ssb which is my ham radio call. I'm a 27 year veterern of law enforcement and 25 years plus as a EMT B in Colorado, also Iv certified and a Colorado certified EMT Instructor. I work Search and Rescue with the Wyoming Wing Civil Air Patrol of which I have been a member of Civil Air Patrol for over 43 years.

My home area is Denver Colorado and I'm currently a student at Metro State College on the Aururia Edcucation complex which houses the Community College of Denver and Metro State College and the University of Colorado-Denver on it.

My Major is criminal Justice and minors are in psychology and Health Care Management..

I'm also a member of the Colorado Emerald Society,Denver St. Patricks Day Parade Committee, A Mason with the Grand LOdge of Colorado (Nevadaville#4) Denver Consistory(Scottish Rite Masons) and AL Kaly Shrine..

Most of you have done or are doing what I should've long time ago. I'm jealous, not because of your credentials or prestige, but experiences. I think I might be too old to(re)begin. I say "re-" because I once accumulated a few certificates and got a brief taste of what it's about. In retrospect I plead "what have I done with my life so far?" I should be a supervisor and instructor by now (really). Becoming an EMT is something I have to do whether it works out or not, if only to silence this nagging feeling that I;ve left loose ends. The modern day tech stuff scares me. Where's the matrix machine when you need it?

My name is Brian, I live on Jacksonville Florida, I am a Emt Firefighter on with St Johns County Fire/Rescue, I am currently finishing my paramedic course and testiong in T minus 1 1/2 mths. I surf alot, and have played the drums for 16 years, I have a special place in my heart for spanish women, and have been known by many names, all of which I cant type here. Many people hate me because i go into the chat and quizz people often, to see who knows their basics, and when they dont know them, I send them sites that they can go back and read and refresh on stuff they may have forgotten, or were never taught.

My name is Brian, I live on Jacksonville Florida, I am a Emt Firefighter on with St Johns County Fire/Rescue, I am currently finishing my paramedic course and testiong in T minus 1 1/2 mths. I surf alot, and have played the drums for 16 years, I have a special place in my heart for spanish women, and have been known by many names, all of which I cant type here. Many people hate me because i go into the chat and quizz people often, to see who knows their basics, and when they dont know them, I send them sites that they can go back and read and refresh on stuff they may have forgotten, or were never taught.

You really think thats why they hate you? How sweet. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.