AK goes to Afghanistan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all my friends.

Some of you are already aware, but now I will post for all.

I leave on Sunday the 10th to go to Houston for training. After a week or two there, I then depart to beautiful #1 vacation destination of Afghanistan. My assignment is for one year.

I will try to keep in touch, however I do not know what the internet capabilities will be at this time.

Please feel free to drop me PMs and when I get to them I will most certainly respond.

Keep the chatrooms clean mods....I will not be around there much at all, maybe not at all if I have the same situation that Dust is experiencing in the sandbox.

Anyways, like I said, I will be around in TX for a week or two so I have time to say goodbye to everyone...I just wanted to give you guys a heads up now.

AK...

enjoy life at KBR, stay safe.

Wow, we won't even talk about where I've been lately and the stuff I have been missing!

AK, baby, you take care of yourself over there....watch for the sand...it gets...apparently, well, everywhere....also, like hammer, babbling to hide the sad...

OOOO hey hammer....we should get some of the girls together and do a joint CAN/US entertainment thingy for them! Did someone say something about mental illness in EMS? Bring it on!

AK I (as well as everyone else, I'm sure) will miss you lots. Stay safe and all the other cliches...you know what we're gettin at!

Tox :wink:

Hey AK. Best of luck for the next year. Stay safe..make sure you do a lot of running while in training. Makes it easier to run right past the guy in front of you!! You don't want to be the guy in last. Take care all the way from Canada and know that we will all be thinkig of you. All of you who go over there are very brave and honorable people.

Hello to all my friends.

Some of you are already aware, but now I will post for all.

I leave on Sunday the 10th to go to Houston for training. After a week or two there, I then depart to beautiful #1 vacation destination of Afghanistan. My assignment is for one year.

Your going without ME.....#$%^&#!

Hey you could stuff me in that swank GI suitcase....or the Arctic Samsonite (aka) The Green plastic Garbage Tours.

And you had better buy some screen SPF 1000 till you get honey bronzed, on special at Walmart this week only.

Oh yes, I will pass the message along to your Elk.

cheers

Don't be Good... be Safe.

Drive it like it was stolen cause it probably is.

Geez, AK - you do like to get around! Take care in the new assignment. At least you should be able to get a good cup of coffee and a doughnut at Tim Horton's on the Base at Kandahar! Keep your head down, your tail covered, and your spirits up! We will miss you if you can't get on during your tour.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.