What's wrong with this picture?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't need to go to that level...

There hasn't been anything "productive" about this discussion...the more appropriate term would be "useless"...

so you didn't learn anything? You took nothing away form th thread and added nothing?...........

I don't consider this a useless thread ACE my friend. I learned a lot yet I think some people only read the last page or what not and don't see the overall big picture.

In no way am I saying that this happened here but I know sometimes I will read the last page if the posts have more than 5 pages or such.

I don't consider this a useless thread ACE my friend. I learned a lot yet I think some people only read the last page or what not and don't see the overall big picture.

In no way am I saying that this happened here but I know sometimes I will read the last page if the posts have more than 5 pages or such.

"Ruff,"

Not directed towards you, more "NC,". Also, I find it interesteing that people will post criticisms, yet not even in the remotest way contribute to fixing the problem, or contribute to the discussion. Furthermore they may not even be able to back up what they say, or try to understand what they are reading... then it degenerates into some sort of finger pointing quagmire... sad but true..

out here,

ACE844

[stream:59b75916ad]http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2006-07-07_137384312009664/tv/seinfeld/serenity_now.wav[/stream:59b75916ad]

"Ruff,"

Not directed towards you, more "NC,". Also, I find it interesteing that people will post criticisms, yet not even in the remotest way contribute to fixing the problem, or contribute to the discussion. Furthermore they may not even be able to back up what they say, or try to understand what they are reading... then it degenerates into some sort of finger pointing quagmire... sad but true..

out here,

ACE844

Go back and re-read my first post in the thread and then take a look into where it went from there...

As I previously mentioned, this thread is "useless" and I'm done wasting my time with it!

Flamers and Bashers, please carry on... 8)

Ncmedic, well your first post was both informative and insulting with the Grow up people comment.

So be it that you are done with it.

If it was any other service that had those pics taken we would have gone down the route of what's wrong with this picture also.

Be if volunteer, paid, ems, non ems, police, security guards what not - when care is not rendered correctly then it becomes a prime example of starting a good teaching point.

the lay public have no clue that the guy was not packaged correctly. All they see are the HEROES of the NYFD again in the news dragging that Nutbag out of the house. They see the helmets and coats and say, WOW those guys sure are brave.

Didn't you have a part of your class for emt or medic that went over what should have been done and what was not done.

Critiquing these pictures is no different than the M&M rounds that physicians go through on a weekly basis at every hospital in the United States.

I bet that the supervisors of the NYFD/EMS who saw this picture were asking hard questions.

Sure they had to get the guy out of the rubble and into a safe place but it appears that not everything that should have been done after the fact was.

I never thought that this post was a anti firefighter post but it was a post about what was wrong in the picture and what needed to be changed.

The actions we perform every day have real life consequences on patients. I don't know if you watch ER but remember the time when Pratt was tubing the guy with the really stiff neck- some sort of disorder he had that I think his vertebra were fused and he pulled too hard and paralyzed the patient. He thought he was doing the right thing, thought he could handle it and in the end the results of his actions paralyzed the boy from the neck down. He stepped up to the plate and admitted he did this and told the patient he was sorry.

The question to be asked is not how you act when you are being watched yet how do you act when you know you aren't.