What's wrong with this picture?

mediccjh wrote:

Today's contestant comes from New York City. Our contestant(s) have a glorious history of being the heroes of everything, and never doing anything wrong

When you lose three hundred or so firemen in one shift, in an attempt to rescue innocent people from burning towers, Yeah I would say the word hero's is fitting , what I would also say is they deserve the benefit of the doubt. How come you did not post the article to go along with the picture?

Do you know the circumstances surrounding the call.

Maybe the place is on fire.

Maybe it is about to collapse.

Maybe there could be a-thousand reasons.

I wasn't there. So I don't believe I have to right to critique whats going on.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we have a picture and should cut the paid folks some slack. In another thread we had an article about an incident and everyone was calling for the heads of the Volunteers involved. Double standard?

Just my $.02 ( why is there no cent sign on keyboards?)

Sarge

Here we have a picture and should cut the paid folks some slack. In another thread we had an article about an incident and everyone was calling for the heads of the Volunteers involved. Double standard?

Just my $.02 ( why is there no cent sign on keyboards?)

Sarge

Sarge,

I'm equal opportunity.... It doesn't matter, paid, volunteer, martian, whatever. As long as you provide competent quality patient care to all accepeted standards and guidelines. It isn't happening, thus these providers should pay the price! Period. There is no excuse for inegligence, incompetence, laziness, etc.... So no double standard here...

ACE844

I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ...

Procrastinating and rationalizing. -- Calvin

Tommy: So, you got a woman who can do the job better than the guys on my crew? Bring her on. You know? You got a martian, or a cyborg, or a China man that can do the job, bring them on too.

Dr. Goldberg: Are there any Chinese firefighters?

Tommy: Yeah, probably. Somewhere in China.

Ace wrote:

Ma'am, we regret to inform you your husband is paralyized and in surgery because the FF-EMT's were stupid...

Maybe it should go something like this.

Ma'am, we regret to inform you your husband is paralyzed, because HE is stupid and should not have to tried to blow himself up in a building, requiring firefighters to have to risk their own safety in trying to rescue him, in that rescue attempt they were pulled from the building prematurely due to a collapse warning. They understandably were not able to immobilize him properly due to the scene not being safe. So when you are on the phone with your attorney planning how you would like to sue the departments involved. Maybe you should place a call to the fire dept. and EMS agency an kindly apologize to them for having to put themselves in harms way because you husband is an idiot. Now kindly go back and sit in your chair, and if the knucklehead lives, you might want to think about a donation to the fallen firefighters charity.

I am not a firefighter, nor due I aspire to be one. However I understand and respect the risks of their profession, the risks all of us take in the public service field.

When we have mastered our profession, then we can sit in judgment of another.

First off, I'm not a firefighter, I'm paramedic all the way and have no desire to be the "Amercian Hero"...

Just some observations from the picture...

1. Nobody is maintaining in-line cervical stabilization...

2. The cervical collar looks like it's been improperly placed...

3. The patient is not centered on the board and not in-line...

4. There is no care being provided for this patient, it appears he has significant burns, he's probably altered, and he doesn't even have oxygen being administered...

On the other hand, I also note that there are several firefighters with their air packs and SCBA still on and in place. This tells me that they probably pulled this guy from an area with "sub-optimal conditions". The scene was probably not safe, and the main priority was to get this patient from that area as quickly and safely as possible so that he could receive the care that he needed. That sometimes means not having everything done exactly the way you would if you had optimal conditions. I wouldn't expect this patient to be packaged completely when they brought him to me, in fact, I would be surprised to see him with a cervical collar in place and on a LSB vs. just being thrown in a stokes and carried out as quickly as possible.

Why is that everyone is so quick to judge the other profession and their actions, especially when you weren't present and don't know one bit more than what the media is telling/showing you? The purpose of this thread was intended nothing more than to start another fire vs EMS debate and everything else that goes along with it. Grow up people!

Ace wrote:

Ma'am, we regret to inform you your husband is paralyized and in surgery because the FF-EMT's were stupid...

Maybe it should go something like this.

No it's quite accurate how I stated it... there is no excuse for the negligence and lacking care provided here. The care was both negligent and lacking... No doubts about it... The pictre and I'm sure there are more than that one will further prove this.

Ma'am, we regret to inform you your husband is paralyzed, because HE is stupid and should not have to tried to blow himself up in a building, requiring firefighters to have to risk their own safety in trying to rescue him, in that rescue attempt they were pulled from the building prematurely due to a collapse warning. They understandably were not able to immobilize him properly due to the scene not being safe. So when you are on the phone with your attorney planning how you would like to sue the departments involved. Maybe you should place a call to the fire dept. and EMS agency an kindly apologize to them for having to put themselves in harms way because you husband is an idiot. Now kindly go back and sit in your chair, and if the knucklehead lives, you might want to think about a donation to the fallen firefighters charity.

kindly post proof to back up your statement (I've put it in bold so there's no confusion) so that we know you didn't just imagine the information and scenario. Thanks, i heard this story on the news and as stated there the guy belw the house up so his wife wouldn't get it in a divorce settlement, he also was trying to commit suicide...and failed, but they said nothing about a 'collapse' as the the building was destroyed....

I am not a firefighter, nor due I aspire to be one. However I understand and respect the risks of their profession, the risks all of us take in the public service field.

When we have mastered our profession, then we can sit in judgment of another.

Pot calling the kettle *&^%$???

out here,

ACE844

Ace wrote:

kindly post proof to back up your statement (I've put it in bold so there's no confusion) so that we know you didn't just imagine the information and scenario. Thanks,

I assume the scene isn't safe until its prov en otherwise. Maybe the words burning rubble isn't proof enough for you. That works fine for me. Unsafe.

Ace wrote:

Pot calling the kettle *&^%$???

No, I just don't pass judgment on a whole profession after viewing one photo.

Ace wrote:

kindly post proof to back up your statement (I've put it in bold so there's no confusion) so that we know you didn't just imagine the information and scenario. Thanks,

I assume the scene isn't safe until its prov en otherwise. Maybe the words burning rubble isn't proof enough for you. That works fine for me. Unsafe.

Hmmm... Isn't that what FDs do? Don't they go into

Burning Rubble, and buildings...
hmmmm... try again...

ACE