What's wrong with this picture?

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to today's episode of "What's wrong with this picture?" I'm your host, the World Infamous Herbie of Medic 9 Fame.

Today's contestant comes from New York City. Our contestant(s) have a glorious history of being the heroes of everything, and never doing anything wrong, as well as letting tradition impede progress. Ladies and gentlemen, join me in giving a round of applause to the FIRE DEPARTMENT OF NEW YORK!

<applause>

OK, here's the picture:

DumbassFDNY.jpg

If you can't see, here's a link to the picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/med...DumbassFDNY.jpg

OK ladies and gentlemen, let's play, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C-Collar on incorrectly ( askew), hard to take a pulse with a watch on. His head isn't immobilized either by manual stabilization or tape. I can't be sure, but the straps look loose on the LSB.

additionally the LSB isn't secured to the stokes, and there are no head blocks in place, and the patient is 'crooked' on the board. Nort to mentione the complete lack oif other medical care and treatments... :roll: :shock:

ACE

Why is it we slam Fire at every chance? It is a picture at a particular moment. The pt. was removed by fire ( see scene safety ). Oh well, let the fire bashing begin :roll:

this is on-topic how???

ACE844

Oxygen? It's highly overrated. Besides, you normally get 21% in room air. Seeing all the debris around, this patient might be getting 16% by room air. Sheesh, I don't even know why we carry it. It's just one more piece of equipment we have to drag around. :roll:

For those of you in the cheap seats, that was sarcasm.

Why is it we slam Fire at every chance? It is a picture at a particular moment. The pt. was removed by fire ( see scene safety ). Oh well, let the fire bashing begin :roll:
Not fire bashing per se, but if they treat their own like that, call me a Medic ASAP!

The building collapse didn't kill him....but the sideways C collar did!

LET THE FIRE BASHING BEGIN....

And I am a Fire Medic...and don't do things like that for rescue PERIOD.

We do have to work with what we have--but come on...

LEO to family member::

We regret to inform you your husband was injured in an accident and you should go to **** ER. Do you have someone who can drive you there?"

Pt Family Member:

My Goodness, is he all right? What happened? yeah I can get to XYZ ER

XYZ ER MD:

Ma'am, we regret to inform you your husband is paralyized and in surgery because the FF-EMT's were stupid... :roll:

PT Family member::

OH MY GOD!!! Will he live!??!? How did this happen?

XYZ ER MD::

Ma'am, I know this is a tough time and we'll know more when he gets out of surgery, but until then you could wtach soem Tv or read and we'll get back to you when we know more...

Pt Family member waits in waiting room and sees on Tv then sees...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/med...DumbassFDNY.jpg

Pt Family memebr standing in family room of XYZ Hospital OR on telephone

Hello, information, could you tell me the number to James sokolov atty at law, or the 'Law Doctors' i see in those TV ads?!?!?!? Thanks....