Days off, What do you do?

Day...off...what the hey is that.

80-hour weeks between class and work, then doing the whole take-care-of-the-house stuff that seems to fall onto the females of the household.

I'm thisclose to dropping out of medic class simply because I don't have any time to study! (Internet comes in my 15-minute R+R break that I take between dishes and going to bed.)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I build model aircraft and armoured vehicles. Its my creative outlet / stress relief, which is great for keeping the brain going when i get a string of boring much ado about nothing weeks/months.

Who am i kidding, i just get high of the paint fumes :twisted:

Who am i kidding, i just get high of the paint fumes :twisted:

Yeah, that's the best we can do since they outlawed the good airplane glue.

Sucks! :evil:

Sleep in when I can like past 06:00 hrs, whoo hoo!

Thing is when I close my eyes I see all those Clowns ?

Bushy are yours doing cartwheels too.....or is that just the paint fumes?

cheers I think.

• 1 month later...

After my shift good or bad I go to the barn,,I have 6 horses that keep me busy. Its quiet there,no phones,cleaning the barn after they are up all night is an easy workout and great stress reliever. If I am not to tired I go for a short trail ride around the property.I come back relaxed,my mind is clear.

Then its off to the house,,light housework,laundry and playtime with the dogs,,if it was a bad shift I take a short nap,then up again,make dinner,do dishes and back to the barn..usually in bed early the first night off.Next day is great,all chores done,well rested and can do whatever I want.Some computer time,but most of it is spent at the barn,,I have a 2.5 yr old filly I am in the process of breaking..so she keeps me on my toes.Then back home,make dinner,get my lunch ready for work and off to bed,,sounds boring for some,but this job gives me enough crazy stuff during my shift I enjoy the boring,,lol

On my days off I either sleep or hang with friends...Its the only chance I have to do those things and to have a good full night's sleep :wink: I wish that I had more days off but im savin lives and thats what counts :lol:

Days off, What do you do?

I went out and found some mudd to play in. Its the beginning of Mudd Season here WoooHooooo...........

Not too bad for my first day out. Not the best pic but u get the hint... :)

4-5-05.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.