More Narcan heartburn...

smle

Smle, we are not sputtering anything. I do not mean to offend you, however, the narcan thing has been debated to death and people are tired of bringing it back up.

Take care,

chbare.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:twisted: I'm just amused by the sputtering indignation of certain "stuffed shirts" who seem to think that nobody without a "P" on their license should be allowed to adminsiter this or that drug. I reminds me of a certain set of other stuffed shirts who think nobody who doesn't have "MD" after their name should be allowed to "play doctor". :roll:

It's a problem with the linear thought process that 'I can give drug X to RULE out agent Y' that's the problem.

First of all, are you familiar with the narcotic triad? If so, why do you want to rule out CNS depression when that isn't even remotely what the problem is?

Did you know that there are lay people here that give Narcan in the inner city?

Without re-hashing this tiresome and stupid debate, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. This stuffed shirt thinks it's assanine for people to assume they can do anything. I know the indications and contraindications inside and out as well as the procedure for inserting a chest tube. The education in me tells me to leave it to the 'stuffed shirts' that know what they are doing.

Therein my friend is the difference between knowledge and training.

Having a "stuffed shirt" and being the only doctor on this site (at least as far as I can tell), I declare that I have the power to take away everyone's ability to give narcan. From this day foward, your protocols will no longer allow you to give narcan. This should end the debate over it and take away the food from the trolls!!!!! :? :?

Let's hope this gets locked soon.

Having a "stuffed shirt" and being the only doctor on this site (at least as far as I can tell), I declare that I have the power to take away everyone's ability to give narcan. From this day foward, your protocols will no longer allow you to give narcan. This should end the debate over it and take away the food from the trolls!!!!! :? :?

Sweet, now 'Darwin' can resume his duty, and the gene pool will shallow up some...err...MAYBE!!!

:lol: :wink: :lol: :shock: :D 8) :lol: 8) :thumbright:

Sweet, now 'Darwin' can resume his duty, and the gene pool will shallow up some...err...MAYBE!!!

:lol: :wink: :lol: :shock: :D 8) :lol: 8) :thumbright:

Just trying to throw some chlorine into the gene pool. Should chlorination be an ALS or BLS skill?

Just trying to throw some chlorine into the gene pool. Should chlorination be an ALS or BLS skill?

It should be a 'lay person' skill.. Let's give it to EVERYONE!! Crap we could even tell them it's 'Flouride'; then it'd serve a dual purpose :lol::lol: !! :lol::lol: 8)

ACE

"The original paramedic extraordainare WEMS best Paramedic Ed's "Nine Cents" theory for a revolutionary new EMS treatment.

Any and all people at the lower end of the gene pool (i.e.: those with no common sense, not hadicaped or disabled but have a normal IQ, yet still act and function as if it were at about 50, Drug dealers, skells, frequent floppers who strain the EMS system with complaints that are "unfounded, imagined, or told to them by their other personality" and dirtbags, etc.....) Instead of calling for med control and getting a MD on the radio, cel, etc...We should have online Death control and call a judge. It might sound something like this.....Good Evening Judge Brown, this is WEMS Paramedic 2 on scene with John Doe who seems to have a penchant for ODing on heroin, this is the 6th time in 5 days we've treated this patient for this issues and it has been ongoing over 6 mos +.....What's that you say, ok sir, 9mm to the R forehead, thank you Judge, stand by......BANG......Ok sir, time of death......1930....have a good evening, we'll be by for your signature on our run form shortly....Medic 2 is now clear, with online death control..Thank you judge and death control for your assistance. So why "nine cents" you ask? Well thats simple. It's how much it costs to manufacture a 9mm bullet......Lol....."

[stream:656054b690]http://www.amfp.org/boondock/sounds/deadbadguys.wav[/stream:656054b690]

:twisted: I'm just amused by the sputtering indignation of certain "stuffed shirts" who seem to think that nobody without a "P" on their license should be allowed to adminsiter this or that drug. I reminds me of a certain set of other stuffed shirts who think nobody who doesn't have "MD" after their name should be allowed to "play doctor". :roll:

[stream:60185c5228]http://unclebubby.com/wav/wav/MOVIES/FMJACKET/contaminate.wav[/stream:60185c5228]

You know what's worse then that?

Stuffed shirts that think their 120 hours (total) of advanced first aid training, general operation training, anatomy, physiology, and limited legal training should allow them to second guess the people with 11-12 years of education past high school or people with 9 months to 2 years of training/education (Ratio of training to education varies) who provide better care. These stuffed shirts think that they should be able to give any drug under the sun because they have 120 hours of magical medical training that trains them in everything that they need to know about the human body.

/stuffed shirt with 120 hours of training.

Doc, if you take away my Narcan, how am I going to convince the obnoxious junkies not to give me a hard time?