Where are you from?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing about the shirt. Hey Dust, what airline do you work for? I can hear the announcement on the speaker "this is your captain,sit down,fasten your seatbelt shut up and hang on,oh and you better pray" :D

At least he doesn't have a badge :roll: :lol:

Hello,

I'm from a small town in northern Alberta, I worked in Grande Prairie for a couple of years, then moved down to Calgary in 1991.

I've been in the US for almost 3 years.

Strike 1 - thick gold bar epaulets

Thick is easier seen than skinny. But really, thick or skinny... WTF is the difference? :?

Strike 2 - white shirt

I'm a medical professional, not a cop. And if my shirt is soiled, I change it, not hide it.

Besides, it was 32 farking degrees outside. Only an idiot would choose dark, polyester clothing.

Strike 3 - crest only on one arm?

Personally, I don't like "crests" on either arm. Nobody reads them anyhow, and I have yet to see a doctor or nurse wearing them. And again, I am not a cop.

Strike 4 - is that a name tag on your left chest?

Most of us are neither paranoid nor ashamed of our names. You're just weird. :wink:

I'm a medical professional, not a cop. And if my shirt is soiled, I change it, not hide it.

Besides, it was 32 farking degrees outside. Only an idiot would choose dark, polyester clothing.

I assume you're talking Celcius as opposed to Fahrenheit?

Telling someone your name will make the event personal and will usually diffuse tension and deflect negative energy that would be directed at a perceived representative of "the man" or "the system". Also, by identifying yourself you take responsibility for your actions and comments, as it shows you are a confident professional and not hiding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.