Where are you from?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course! :)

Okay, then going back to your original comment

I'm a medical professional, not a cop. And if my shirt is soiled, I change it, not hide it.

Besides, it was 32 farking degrees outside. Only an idiot would choose dark, polyester clothing.

Try a Class IIA ballistic vest, plus the dark poly clothing. That's farking hot.

By the way, your kind of cute, in a non-homosexual kind of way :shock: :wink: LMAO!

Okay, then going back to your original comment

Try a Class IIA ballistic vest, plus the dark poly clothing. That's farking hot.

By the way, your kind of cute, in a non-homosexual kind of way :shock: :wink: LMAO!

So that would be platonic then? :)

Not compared to the Level III with Level IV inserts I get to wear in the 58 degree desert!

At least it's not dark blue! :?

I'm excited that I feel like I can actually add my two cents here finally! Sorta. Most of you have encountered me already with my countless "research the field first" questions. As always...thanks for your input (Yanks and Canucks alike!)

BUT first things first. DUST! I concur... :shock: you are kinda cute... :oops:

Ok.

I'm 14 days away from starting my EMR course at the CCEMS in Edmonton. Crazy busy studying :lol: my preclass chapters and attempting to learn/memorize the patient assessment. Nervous 8-[ ...terrified even...but greatly excited!

Did I mention I have ZERO medical background? Former Accountant (non-designated).

Oh. I'm in Edmonton...but born, raised and my heart still lives in Winnipeg.

Today I was told by St. Johns to call back when I finish my course as they aren't taking newbies during the summer (no time to properly shepard them through)...and then we'll talk about volunteering with them. And the woman has me all worried again that I may have bitten off more then I can chew: "You may not realize just how little time you have to 'get' everything." She said when referring to my lack of health/medical background or experience. [-o<

For those who know who you are LOL Banana Boat ROCKS BABY!!!! :laughing3:

I'm surrounded by Canadians :shock:

I'm on the gulf coast of Texas where the mosquitos are large enough to carry off small dogs. But we've got plenty of guns and beer, so we don't care! Yeehaw! :occasion5:

Hopefully I'll pass the Intermediate test this weekend. Also have PHTLS and PEPP.

:grommit: Hi from Calgary! I am with St. John Ambulance and we are just now starting to implement the MFR (medical first responder) training programme used for years in Ontario et al.

Evidently the old system ( BTS1 & 2) is not recogized anywhere other than SJA. The new one is just below the EMR training level. Anyway I volunteeer everywhere trying to find my niche.

I volunteer in the ER and do hearing screening in the NICU. As soon as another security clearance is done I will be with STARS in the Emergency Link Center. I plan on taking my EMR thru St. John as it is much cheaper as a brigade member and is recognized by ACP. Me 'n my mutt ( a Great Pyrenees I call Seamus) do therapy work too. :?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.