Where are you from?

I am a NB medic, Employed by a mainly rural service. We just recently started doing IVs and administering some meds.We cover some 2704 square Km and serve approximate population base of 14,500 people. Last year our service did 1324 calls.95% of which were 911. I am an EMT-1 with some advanced skills. We are a 2 truck operation.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m a full-time Paramedic for the EMS County of Pinneberg. I'm in the process of immigration to Canada. At the end of this year we will have our permanent residence status. Now I'm looking to EMS friendships in Canada, especially in Alberta. I have a lot of questions, for example: Should I go to SAIT or to the university ? To get some impressions of my workplace here n Germany, vie the page from the Redwood Meadows Fire Department: http://www.rmesfire.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=66

Greetings from the soccer worldcup in Germany,

Thorben

Northern Ontario here. Originally from Sudbury, moving back within a month to start ACP education/training.

Where I am now in the "far north" on the James Bay coast is Northern Ontario, after living here I can't figure out why people call Sudbury (let alone Muskoka region) Northern Ontario. Northern Ontario starts in Cochrane IMO

...almost a little vent there LOL...

Say hi to Kevin and Gary for me (They run the ACP program in Sudbury).. They were also my PCP teachers at Cambrian college.. I work in Halton region as a PCP.

Dave

Say hi to Kevin and Gary for me (They run the ACP program in Sudbury).. They were also my PCP teachers at Cambrian college.. I work in Halton region as a PCP.

Dave

Will do :D

I should change my name now...no longer "Far North". I'm now back home in Sudbury. What a different service and city since two years ago (for the good that is).

Newly graduated PCP from Manitoba here - and after my provincial exams are said and done it is off to Edmonton I go.... To do more exams.. :? And then perhaps... get a job? :shock: I am really excited to begin my career in EMS (could be EMS/Fire depending on where I end up..) I am definitely eager to learn so I may be to busy reading to post...

A quick thanks to all who gave me advice on ACP - everything seems to be sorted out - I will be taking the EMT exam in October. Thanks again! :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.