Where are you from?

Try me, I am from the same type of town in southern saskatchewan. Probably kicked your towns ass in rec. hockey.

Southcentral Saskatchewan...one of those towns no one's ever heared of. Working as EMR heading to PCP practicum in 2 weeks... accepted into ICP in Feb.

AM I THE ONLY FLATLANDER!!! :?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'm from manitoba working with Dauphin Ambulance. i love it but i have applied to Criticare for their PCP program. hope i get accepted.

NO NO NO I'm east of there...you know the town that kicked YOUR towns ass!!

(and my ambulance could beat your ambulance in a game of pothole dodge any day :!: >

*yeah, i guess you have to dodge potholes out there*

btw whats the only two good things that come out of saskatchewan? highway 1 east and highway 1 west!!! lol j/k

Hmmm, almost a total lack of British Columbians here. I am from Vanderhoof, located in Central BC., and I have been a medic for 8 yrs. I expect our station to hit around 1400 calls this year. This is a job that is classified as part-time, but if one is willing to put the hours, a living can be made. I left an unrewarding sawmill job that I held for over 12 yrs to do this part time. To go full-time, I would have to go to Vancouver, and that is something that is not possible, due to my house and a treasured low cost of living. To all across the country and NA, I say, "Greetings, eh?!?"

I have some friends in Vancouver, BC, well, technically Richmond. Was out there in April of this year, and I was absolutely blown away, pictures just really do not do the landscape justice. I hope to get back there in March, maybe I can meet some of you BCers.

To all those "flatlanders" who claim they just live in "a small town Sask..." heck, they're all small towns! Which one I ask?! I was born and raised a Saskatchewanian, Yorkton area, Saltcoats to be exact, so which are these small towns you all speak of? Yes, I am a provincial traitor, lived in various provinces over the years, but been in Calgary now for 5.

Start my EMR in Dec. Planning to do my EMT in April, but we'll see, all of my plans seemed to have fallen to shite due to all the deadlines and red tape in this blasted province....argh....oh simple saskatchewan, how I miss thee... :sad5:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.