Trauma strip every patient?

When Chuck Norris works the ambulance, telemetry calls HIM.

Okay, I'll stop...

Thats funny, I don't care who ya are. If you don't laught at that then you need to get out.

/Larry the cable guy

what noone has brought up in this situation is this---what is your recommendation if the patient is conscious and alert, and vehemently objects to being stripped?

Simple. Any action taken without consent is considered battery. IF the person is of sound mind and of age (state law dependent), they can refuse any treatment, assessment, or other action, including transport. If you feel that it is in the best interest of the patient, have no reason to believe that the patient can not make rational decisions, and the patient is refusing, then you document and move on.

Quote "what noone has brought up in this situation is this---what is your recommendation if the patient is conscious and alert, and vehemently objects to being stripped?"

Is this a serious question........Im not sure what your education background is (1st Aid, EMT Paramedic etc etc) but if you may have missed some lectures....

what JPINFV...said

LMAO! :lol:

It's actually a bit disturbing how often it all comes back to Chuck Norris on this board! :?

It's like the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon, EMTCity style! :wink:

Simple. Any action taken without consent is considered battery. IF the person is of sound mind and of age (state law dependent), they can refuse any treatment, assessment, or other action, including transport. If you feel that it is in the best interest of the patient, have no reason to believe that the patient can not make rational decisions, and the patient is refusing, then you document and move on.

I agree with the above. BUT, I will add this to it. The refusal of any specific treatment can only be made in addition to the above criteria. AFTER the provider has explained, the risks, benefits, consequences, complications, etc.. of this 'refusal'. ONLY THEN, will it be an appropriate and "INFORMED Refusal'.

Out here,

ACE844

I agree with the above. BUT, I will add this to it. The refusal of any specific treatment can only be made in addition to the above criteria. AFTER the provider has explained, the risks, benefits, consequences, complications, etc.. of this 'refusal'. ONLY THEN, will it be an appropriate and "INFORMED Refusal'.

Out here,

ACE844

On the flip side, you're technically supposed to do that for any procedure you preform so you can obtain informed consent too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.