BlackSheep's EMT-J, must equal EMT-Joke...

Hey vs-eh, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger! [-X

The J in EMT-J does stand for Johnson-Linda G. Johnson-NREMT-P

Ms. Johnson's bio: Has been serving with the TJEMS Council since 1989, Ms. Johnson has been a very active member of the TJEMS regional system. A Life Member of the Charlottesville Albemerle Rescue Squad, Linda also serves with the Scottsville Rescue Squad and has served with the Western Albemerle Rescue Squad. Awarded the Governor's Award as Outstanding Pre-Hospital Instructor in 1999, Linda works to provide continuing education and advanced skills training to all BLS providers in the region on a monthly basis.

IMHO-I agree-way too much responcibility for a basic+! :D [/font:d34bc5221d]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again JPINFV beat me to the Google button :x. So then EMT-Johnson is a basic with a penis extension, making up for their educational shortcomings. It's not their fault really. The Medical Director must be out of their mind to even jeopardize his/her license in such a way by even considering this lunacy. :roll:

Don't feel bad. I had it posted in the other thread and just copied it over...

Narcan without even calling medical control... Don't ACPs even need to call for it?

I know someone will give you a better answer then me!!

I think it depends on the service's protocol. I know the Provincial Protocol is to always patch to give the drug. But, I'm positive that my preceptor gave it to a pt once without patching for it, during my preceptorship. I could be wrong.......

Anyways I'm sure Lithium or vs-eh can give you a better answer on that one.

MedicMal

This is really frightening. EMT-J next thing we'll have is EMT-K (for kaopectate) EMT-L for Lidocaine, EMT-v for versed do you get the idea???

This is also one of the key reasons that we are not respected as a profession. We keep adding -X's but we can't get the original two correct(emt-b and EMT-P). I think we need to concentrate on getting the basics correct instead of making up and adding so many additional certifications/licensure.

Sounds like Jackson is worshipped as Queen Of The Wankers there in Virginia.

Buff's on two different volly squads (probably doesn't even live in either district), and spends her time impressing basics with her awesome skillz.

EMT-Jackson should be changed to EMT-Jackoff. :roll:

This is really frightening. EMT-J next thing we'll have is EMT-K (for kaopectate) EMT-L for Lidocaine, EMT-v for versed do you get the idea???

Dibs on EMT-G(od)

Really? So, someone is unconscious/unresponsive due to an obvious narcotic OD, you need to call for orders first before narcan administration? I'm just curious, I figured it'd be standing as we do, as Canada is so progressive.

Oh I'm so silly. I must have forgotten that we judge EMS systems by drugs and skills.

It'd be a shame if we had to judge it by the fact that when I call 911 I know that I am getting two people who have AT LEAST two years of education and that no one with 120 hours of training will ever show up to help my family members. But we don't need this debate again :wink:

Narcan without even calling medical control... Don't ACPs even need to call for it?

Naloxone is a patch order in the generic provincial standing orders, and I'm pretty confident that there is no change in any individual systems. We simply don't have the opioid problem that other areas/countries do. I guess the doctors share the airway/ventilatory control is paramount in these situations, and that giving the antagonist is merely an after thought. Probably also goes with the idea of safety for paramedics for chronic users and less risk of a patient taking off and falling back into resp depression an hour later...

The only time you don't have to patch is for failed PAI, where you are in a can't intubate/can't ventilate situation. 2.0mg of narcan to hopefully decrease iatrogenic respiratory depression, etc...

Then again we are supposed to patch for a needle thoracostomy and surgical airway too, unless in a "life threatening" situation. Why you would be doing these 2 procedures in anything but is beyond me...

I can't speak for all of Canada, but Ontario I wouldn't consider too "progressive" (beyond CCP) compared to the US (generally). But then again, you probably define progression by drug lists and procedures, not by education and competency. I sense quite a number of people on this board are reading this god like entry position, EMT-J, and are probably like I have 200 hours education, that should be ME!