PCP's calling themselves paramedics....

Don't worry. I'm going to execute a hostile takeover of EMS administration in Ontario in two years.

I'll standardise the stripes, get you out of those stupid striped blue uniforms, get you off of those horrible rotating shifts, up your scope of practise, and abolish the GTA consolidated testing system.

And there will be much rejoicing.

Any other requests?

Yes actually...change the Paramedic program to a four year degree with option to leave at PCP level, ACP level and finally the fourth year degree choice. Not sure what to do with CCP level...maybe degree plus two years ACP or something along those lines. And once coming out at the various levels have a "sign-off" system where the student/new medic rides third until the crew and/or base hospital "signs off" on their performance/competency. If you're serious I'd be all over helping your projection, hire me :lol:

What would you prefer over the shifts we run now? I'd like to see 8hr shifts personally....to have the "regular job" style of getting home before the evening is gone and depending on which rotation, possibly weekends off. But the current way is cheaper to run I guess :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCP, EMT-A, EMT-B, EMT-CC, EMT-P, CCEMT-P, MICU, Ambulance attedant, driver, "heah you take me to the hosptial".... its all just the alphabet,,,,, i've seen some great EMT-CC's who start I.V.'s and give certain meds,,,, ive seen some really bad EMT-P's,,, so i guess what im trying to say is

" CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG".... i dont think that the asthma patient who is wheezing up a storm needs a lengthy expanation of your an EMT-CC but your like 2/3 a paramedic... they just want you to help them.

but it does get confusing....

PCP, EMT-A, EMT-B, EMT-CC, EMT-P, CCEMT-P, MICU, Ambulance attedant, driver, "heah you take me to the hosptial".... its all just the alphabet,,,,, i've seen some great EMT-CC's who start I.V.'s and give certain meds,,,, ive seen some really bad EMT-P's,,, so i guess what im trying to say is

" CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG".... i dont think that the asthma patient who is wheezing up a storm needs a lengthy expanation of your an EMT-CC but your like 2/3 a paramedic... they just want you to help them.

but it does get confusing....

I totally and completely 100% AGREE!!!! I've had my share of rides in the back of an ambulance from injury and illness and the thought never crossed my mind on what level they are; could of actually cared less just as long as they knew what they were doing and their best interest was taking care of me and getting me to the hospital. Most of those abbreviations the general public doesn't know what they mean anyways, some are lucky to know what an EMT stands for. so who cares ya know. EMS is nothing but a huge pissing contest to some, not all, but some and SOME like to use those abbreviations for seniority purposes.

ok, i just found this post. i think the problem with the public isn't with what letters you have behind your name, but rather tha fact that we are still refered to as "ambulance drivers", nothing pisses me off more. even worse than that is when other health care pros refer to me as the same. as far as i'm concearned though, I am a paramedic, I do have a license, I did earn the right to refer to myself as a medic, BUT my letters are EMT-P.......which to me says that i am always an EMT first.....always, lets not forget that.

hey jess!

The only time I ever notice this is when I roll up on a wreck on the interstate and some passerby id's himself as a paramedic(never had an EMT stop yet for some reason)and asks if we need help. Obviously not everyone is a medic but does it really matter.NO! I don't really care what lic you carry its not like your going to do ALS skills in the back of my unit. I just appriciate anybody who wants to stop and help if you know what your doing. I don't give a crap what people call themselves as long as their not trying to overstep there lic....my 2cents....623

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.