where to turn for grants?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt there is any "grant" money for medic training. You will have to probably do what millions of other people have to do.....get a "student loan"... yes, it sucks, but if you really want to get through education you can get a lower interest rate (may apply for taxes).

Just because it is EMS, does not give grant power. If it is for the Paramedic level, some employers will pay (if you sign a contract), but if it is for EMT levels or in-between... we already have WAY TOO MANY! ...

R/r 911

Unless you're in nursing or in the military, you'll probably be paying for your education in healthcare. My brother's girlfriend is getting paid over $20,000/year to go to gradute school and learn about genetics, but I'm paying more than that/year to go to graduate school to be a PA. Figures.

On the brighter side, most careers that you go to for a two year degree [Provided you do go with a 2 year degree, because you should.] don't pay as excrusiatingly well as EMS does, so you'll be able to pay them off in a few years longer than anyone you graduate with, including the A.S. RN's and LPN's.

After 2 years of school, I only ended up with about $14,000 in bills. But, I do live in New England, and boy is it cheap up here!

ok but dont you have to enlist to get these grants?

Correct. You have a problem with that?

What are you, a Communist?

Correct. You have a problem with that?

What are you, a Communist?

no, i am unable to join because the pins in my ankle and i am flat footed. i did talk to the army about me joining. the other down side to that is paramedics in the army are not able to carry the certification into the civilian life.