Dustdevil in Iraq-with pictures!

It definetly is the ultimate sacrifice. My great-uncle lost an arm in WWII. A grenade was thrown in a foxhole him and others were in, he quickly picked it up to throw it out. He managed to save the others but lost his arm when it exploded.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Inspired by Devin's fine example of shameless self-promotion, I figured I'd post a few recent pics so that everybody can see I still have all my parts intact. I actually have more pics of cool stuff around here, but I haven't had the opportunity to shrink them down for posting yet. Soon.

Here's my new friend, General Murthi, the commanding general of the Iraqi Army 7th Division, at the Presidential Palace in Ramadi. He's an awesome guy and truly a friend. He gives me faith that they might be able to pull this thing together out here.

1ae24dd213.jpg

I don't meet too many other Air Force guys out here in the Wild Wild West, so when I do, we have good times! Here's me with a couple of Air Force Forward Air Controllers (the guys who go out in the field and call bombs in on top of themselves) I met while stranded in Habbaniyah at Christmas time. These guys rock! We were on a Blackhawk flying back to Ramadi when they decided we needed to commemorate the moment for posterior.

1f45336989.jpg

SSGT A.J. Gibbs of San Antonio, Texas

649a0d026a.jpg

SSGT Ramiro Lopez of Fort Worth, Texas

After getting back to Ramadi by Blackhawk, I had to convoy over to my camp on the other side of the Euphrates River. Here I am ready to kick some arse on the way home.

b2e6ccc9e6.jpg

And most of you won't get this one. But for those of you who do, you'll love it! :lol:

6a928711ba.jpg

More pics soon!

Great pics, Dust!

Not quite good enough to make me want to contact my travel agent, but I'm glad you are getting to hob-knob with the upper echelons. I don't think I'd try to commemorate the moment for "posterior", though! Looking forward to more pics, when you get time.

Thanks, and stay safe!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.