Dustdevil in Iraq-with pictures!

Pretty cool pics Dust....Thanks for keeping us up to date!

I think this has gone on long enough....you should all come home now....spread the word...everyone should grab the first thing flying and come home...

If Bush asks tell him I said it was OK....that should smooth things over. (nope...not a Bush hater...trying to be funny)

Stay safe...send more pics...come home when you can...

Dwayne

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem to make a rather good aiming point. :shock:

That it is! I'm going to replace the SOLs with Red Crescent stickers. Might get us a little slack.

My new Home Sweet Home.

92f9054640.jpg

My cubicle is that first one on the right. Here it is...

f28161bc5a.jpg

My current clinic.

1211f413c5.jpg

The shrapnel holes in the side of my clinic. Yes, they go all the way through.

68246ea4ce.jpg

A Bradley Fighting Vehicle that was taken out by RPG's in town.

c8bd4b7b09.jpg

An M-1 Abrams tank that was absolutely devastated by an IED in town.

d055645dad.jpg

0bf0f0f935.jpg

46474b2711.jpg

The town, just outside the base, where all the trouble comes from.

1971f69157.jpg

cfcf8b3e25.jpg

And if anybody is interested, there are pics of my medical bag in the Tactical Medicine forum.

those still look alot more comfortable then the canadian cots lol.thanks for the update

Haha! Things are extremely primative in Afghanistan. There are still a LOT of people in tents and cots over here. I spent plenty of time in them when I first got here. But nurses get their arses kissed here, so I was able to move up to the wooden hut and a real bed pretty fast. Probably wouldn't have such luck in Afghanistan, so I hear.

Awww... I'm honoured to be the subject of your first post! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I wish we had gotten to meet up before I left. So close, yet so far. I'll be home for a week at the end of October though.

LMAO! Those aren't sheets. There are no sheets on the bed in that pic. Just two sleeping bags (one used as a cover when it gets cool in the middle of the night. The other used as a mattress pad under the sheets). The sheets were in the laundry that day. There are two mattresses on the bed. The bottom one has big flowers or something on it, I think. Now I guess I'll have to go look at it tonight! :D

What you can't see in the pic is the air conditioner unit that is in the wall directly over my bed. By the time all the other beds finally cool off, mine is farking freezing, come about 0300.

Awww... I'm honoured to be the subject of your first post! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I wish we had gotten to meet up before I left. So close, yet so far. I'll be home for a week at the end of October though.

I wont be in texas when you come back unfortunately... I will be in West point NY. My husband's cancer is all gone in a matter of speaking and cleared for work so he will be a combat arms instructor at the USMA. yay woo hoo, hope all goes well be careful and dont forget your sunscreen :oops:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.