When would you use your "Easy Button"

mohawk1

ok, i thought of another use: those patients who have taken PCP, Crack / Cocaine, Meth, etc... those who aren't cooperating; don't use O2 therapy, use the easy button. also great if a doctor happens on the scene and starts telling you what to do.

EASY BUTTON......umm

I would perfer a ANTI-STUPID PEOPLE BUTTON ....or YOU JUST GOT ON MY LAST NERVE BUTTON. .....ZAP YOU ARE GONE.......

i think you already do mom, it's called booting people from the chat room :lol: . oh wait.... that's right, it unfortunately doesn't work outside of the EMT City chat rooms.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An easy button would have been nice for the 600lb woman I once had in an MVA, she somehow fit herself into a Geo Metro. I am getting chills just thinking about again.

I always wanted a strangle button on our radios. That way if dispatch said something stupid we could give them some street justice.

"Priority 1 Cardiac Arrest, 26 yo male states he is in car..aaaaaaaaackkckckckckcckckc"

That would be sweet. :P

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

Holy Toledo Marty! You brought back some old memories. I too had a approx 500 lb man in a Geo Metro that ran up a guidewire attached to a telephone pole. The Metro was on its side, quite a ordeal that call was. Those cars should be sold with weight restrictions...lol

Guest Beegers

My female captain/partner on the volunteer ambulance and I were dispatched to the riverbank (a known homeless community) and the pt was face down snoring in the muddy dirt. My captain and I look at each other and ask each other if we felt like lifting up the riverbank and we each were like Uh..NO. So we had pd dispatch the fire dept for the stokes.

We rolled the pt over and I recognise him as our new local drunk ((at we found out after our first encounter with him that after we bring him into the ER and the staff stripped him...My captain happened to be the lucky one of the crew still in the room for it to see him wearing a dirty blue speedo. I was safely down the hall giving triage nurse her report.))

FD shows up and we load him into the stokes and up onto the stretcher. Just before we loaded him into the rig, pd was shining his flashlight into the pt's ears and nose fascinated by the dirt and bugs caked up in there.

:P

EASY BUTTON......umm

I would perfer a ANTI-STUPID PEOPLE BUTTON :!: :!: :!: ....or YOU JUST GOT ON MY LAST NERVE BUTTON. :!: :!: :!: :!: .....ZAP YOU ARE GONE....... :lol:

I'm with you Itk!!!!! I'm thinking easy button for intubation of difficult anterior, way anterior vomit filled airway.

You guys have me laughing on these - I would actually be happy with just one button - a <MUTE> button. It would work well for all those well-meaning but ignorant by-standers, Know-it-all partners, and of course, The Boss! Everything would seem easy if it could be done in relative silence!

The only thing I would use it for is putting damn reports in the computer.

Good point. There really aren't many things about this job that are hard. Damn few, in fact. But paperwork is at the top of that very short list.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.