Noloxone...should EMT-I's be able to administer?

Should EMT-I's be able to administer Narcan?  

63 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no, it's should be a paramedic drug only
    • undecided

I didn't mean that we can't treat any patient without the machines I know we have to treat the patients no the machines

My point in here is the differences on each system and how we have to deal with that's why we are always in controversy.

The machines means nothing is the differences in procedures, Protocols and so on I just gave it as an example.

I Know that the signs and symtoms are the most important here but If you were to move to another State

You would have to start everything over.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't work with me. I rarely ever wore a paramedic patch anyhow. Just the agency patch, if any.

Patches are for wankers. :D

Won't work with me. I rarely ever wore a paramedic patch anyhow. Just the agency patch, if any.

Patches are for wankers. :D

You would hate Oregon Dust. It is state law that a level patch must be worn on outer most garment. :roll:

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

I already worked with enough losers from Oregon to know I wouldn't like it, lol. :D

So they can't do the Polo shirt or t-shirt thing there, I guess?

And maybe we could cover some paramedic patches from this thread with an "MD" sticker and overinflate their egos more....Wait is that possible?
Why'd you think ambulances have extra wide doors? Come on now ... every paramedic has an ego

Okay, time to put your money were your mouth is.. medically defend the issue.

Would any medical director really feel comfortable with administration of medication without cardiac monitoring ?.. hmm Call that ego or just good patient care ? ...

R/r 911

Okay, time to put your money were your mouth is.. medically defend the issue.

Would any medical director really feel comfortable with administration of medication without cardiac monitoring ?.. hmm Call that ego or just good patient care ? ...

R/r 911

:D ive been waiting for this response...im suprised it took so long Rid...

*waits for response that inevitably wont arrive*

And maybe we could cover some paramedic patches from this thread with an "MD" sticker and overinflate their egos more....Wait is that possible?

Why not, and we can give them one to stick on their truck just below the light bar with all the others. :thumbleft:

And what size of an ego does an EMT-I who thinks "I don't need all that education a paramedic has to give Narcan, I know enough" have, exactly?