Female patients and all male crew

It's amazing how a question I pose to the City about other services' policies and procedures regarding crew integrity turns into an attack on someone's motives.

Oh man... I sure hope you weren't talking about me!! I can assure you that I was not making any sort of attack on your motives, professionalism, or anything else! I honestly apologise if that is how I came across, because that was certainly not my intention. You are one of the last people here whose integrity I would question. :oops:

I was just asking a simple question about your normal routine. One thing I am a firm believer in is consistency in practise. That means that every patient should be treated equally in the operational (not medical) sense. Just like cops are expected to handcuff ALL prisoners behind their backs, we too should be striving for the same sort of consistency in our procedures. That is why "universal precautions" are universal. It sets the standard for excellence, as well as the standard for how you will be judged in court and the court of public opinion. If you take certain precautions only for certain patients, your inconsistency is going to hang you the one time you get called into question.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust,

I wasn't referring to you. I was just making a general comment about how this post has gone to crap. I know any patient at any time can make an accusation about anything and then your character comes into question. I know we (EMS community as a whole) does not treat every patient the same. Our attitude toward the frequent flyer who is so drunk that he calls 911 at 03:30hrs because he's stubbed his toe and wants to be transported to the ER is in NO WAY the same as our attitude towards the little old lady who has had chest pains for 2 days but didn't want to inconvenience anyone by calling 911.

Always love a non U.S. person.. telling me how it is in the U.S. Second, I don't get affirmative action, free medical prescription (dental, eye exam and glasses, food allotments or a monthly check cause of my tribal affiliation (even though I have more N.A.I. than most Indians) and priorty in jobs when many say "minority or tribal preferred).

So yeah...I am the lucky one that gets to pay for it ! :twisted:

R/r 911

I just wonder if the conversation here isn't at cross-purposes. When I read the description of white US males as privileged, I took it to mean in comparison, say, with people starving in third-world countries. One can be privileged and still suffer injustice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.