Insulin Dep Diabetic Tattoo Location

Hopefully I can make those EMT's lifes out there easier.

I have been an Insulin dependent diabetic for 20 years now and after not wearing, loosing, or having torn off while Mountain Biking my alert bracelets, I came to a conclusion that I should have had long ago.

I have been inked already and don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

A tattoo.

I plan on getting a Caduceus Symbol inside a blue Medical Cross with Type I above and Diabetic below.

Everything will be done to be as readable and noticable as possible.

Now, from an EMT's perspective, where would be the most noticable place for this. Above the wrist bones on the top or bottom side of the forearm? Both arms? Both Sides?

I am thinking 2 inch diameter Cross and staff on the inside of the right forearm.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

James

Good idea james

the only problem i can forsee is that most ambos do not go looking for tattoos

how ever they are inclined to look for medic alert braclets etc as these do catch the eye so to speak. this is what we are taught.

there a many people that have tattooed arms legs etc and to have another person with a tattoo could mean that the meaning of the tattoo could be missed or overlooked

have you seen some of the tattoos that some medics have, your proposed tattoo could be mistaken for one of these.

there are even vendors on ebay that are selling cd roms of medic tattoo designs. and your important one may be thought od as one of these

i would still go with the medic alert braclet or neck chain................it's what everyone knows

stay safe

craig

I suppose the forehead would be out of the question.

Why not just use a Sharpie on the forearm when you think you might be in a situation such as mountain biking where a necklace might get torn off? I write on my hand all the time.

You there, stop laughing.

I suppose the forehead would be out of the question.

Why not just use a Sharpie on the forearm when you think you might be in a situation such as mountain biking where a necklace might get torn off? I write on my hand all the time.

You there, stop laughing.

lol...you crack me up....this idea does seem like a winner though......

If you are robust, and your control is good, then your risk from having a tattoo is the same, as for anyone else. Which are the risks of infection, at the location of the injections, the pain of the process, and the nuisance related with removal of the tattoo if you get fed up with it.

I do, however, see no need, in having a tattoo when a bracelet is good enough.

Regards

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.