Feasibility question...bring on the smart kids...

PRPG, wouldn't it be similar to starting a union? It would seem you would need some way to strong arm your way in. Unless you could afford to pay everyone in the county until the privates would need to come to you for employees.....It sounds like it would be good for the employees in the long run...but would take some huge, brass balls!!

Dwayne

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like it would be good for the employees in the long run...but would take some huge, brass balls!!

Dwayne

He's got 'em.....

(xoxo PRPG...) lmao...

8 :wink:

PRPG.... let's see.. this would make project # 2,369,224 right? I think that it's a good plan, it would be very interesting to see something like this pulled off... I won't tell you that it can't be done, because I know you well enough to know that you'll do everything possible to prove me wrong... :lol: I think it would take some time to implement, but it would be a great project to watch grow...

I think it's a good idea.........Just one question though.....How do you get paid? Is it the service paying you a higher fee and you taking a cut off the EMT's/Medics hourly wage? .....If so, all I can see is some disgruntled workers *IF* the benefits don't outweigh what they are already offered.

It is not a bad idea, but I'd wait until your service is up and running.

Where I work, we used to provide staffing. We ended up not making any money on it, and then phased it out. Good thing we did, because it became a scheduling nightmare. We also grew very rapidly then, and needed staff for our service.

There is one hospital that provides the service (we call it pimpin'), but they are expensive. They provide staff to 3 BLS services, in addition to staffing their 3 non-transporting ALS units. Last I heard, they charged the employees base salary, plus 34% to cover PTO, workmans comp, health insurance, and administrative fees.

You might want to check with the Green Meanies, as they now provide staffing in Chester County.

I think it's a good idea.........Just one question though.....How do you get paid? Is it the service paying you a higher fee and you taking a cut off the EMT's/Medics hourly wage? .....If so, all I can see is some disgruntled workers *IF* the benefits don't outweigh what they are already offered.

1st: Congrats on the impending marriage...

2nd: Hourly billing to service, plus administrative percentage, possibly 20 percent. Buy in at yearly contract signing of a set bulk pay, few thousand to cover insurances and pensions, and the hour for hour percentage covers administrative costs, and money in the kitty.

Interesting.

Please don't think I'm against this. Remember, you asked for questions.

Explain again the incentives for municipalities to contract out through you. With the exception of the municipal services, these private (mostly volunteer based) services don't cost the local governments much in monetary terms. What would be your selling point to have services contracted through you?

Or....

were you looking at leaving these ineffectual, whacker filled volunteer organizations (I can say this as I'm somewhat familiar with this particular area) intact and contracting through them for ALS providers to staff trucks that you don't own in facilities you can't manage? Let them provide BLS level providers?

Would this, could this, become a de facto county based system? (What a novel concept!)

Who would own the trucks?

Supplies would come from where?

Or are you dealing strictly with people and not with the incidentals? (I guess that's what an agency would do...personnel only.)

How would you convince the medics of the county to work through you?

How would you handle billing?

And do you really think any of these little chiefdoms would go for this? How would you convince them?

Not that I think this is a bad idea. I don't think it's a bad idea. And it's crazy enough that it just might work! It would just take an awful lot of convincing of some pretty self important people.

-be safe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.