I Wish You Could/An old poem for you to enjoy

emtb4life

I wish you could... treat up the AIDS patent's arterial bleed.

I wish you could... recognize meningitis after getting too close.

I wish you could... find out the patient with the bad cough had TB.

I wish you could... have a million different spots in your truck where HEP B may live for weeks.

I wish you could... train to recognize when it's chicken pox... and when it's smallpox.

I wish you could... see the bag full of atropine and 2pam and know it's there to save other EMT/Medics from nerve gas.

I wish you could... be mistaken for cops in the very worst projects in the city.

I wish you could... worry your bringing something you can't see home to your family.

Now this is an original by yours truly.... and something I think we can all relate too much more easily.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Welbutrin made me quit smoking,

the Zoloft didn't work,

the Paxil gave me shakes,

and somehow I'm still a jerk.

Now that's poetry. I'm going to send that one into the New Yorker.

Asyin2leads, your poem is the best. Your posts are awesome, and would be even better without the meds!!!

I wish you could... treat up the AIDS patent's arterial bleed.

I wish you could... recognize meningitis after getting too close.

I wish you could... find out the patient with the bad cough had TB.

I wish you could... have a million different spots in your truck where HEP B may live for weeks.

I wish you could... train to recognize when it's chicken pox... and when it's smallpox.

I wish you could... see the bag full of atropine and 2pam and know it's there to save other EMT/Medics from nerve gas.

I wish you could... be mistaken for cops in the very worst projects in the city.

I wish you could... worry your bringing something you can't see home to your family.

Now this is an original by yours truly.... and something I think we can all relate too much more easily.

That right there is great 8)

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

I realized I'm not done yet.

The thing that pisses me off the most about poems like this is the arrogance of them. 'I wish you could'...........

Oh yeah, I forgot, because firefighting is for the unique special gods among men who rise above us mere mortals, but alas, they are alone in their lofty atmosphere, if only we had it in us to dare dream what they can... oh the shame of it all.

Get over yourself. And if your job is that hard, quit.

Spoken like a true NYC*EMSer, about the ducks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.