What do you get paid?

N.S. ACP

to quote AK " I get paid in US dollars"

Now, I have spent enough time in the US to know that the cost of living and prices of common commodities are relatively equal. That being said, It really makes no difference whether you are paid in US or CDN dollars because the ONLY time you will notice a difference in your spending/earning power is if you cross the border into the opposite country. It is only when you convert/exchange your cash that you notice a SMALL fluxuation (given the current exchange rate.)

That's my rant. Sorry, but it one of my pet peeves.

I make just as much a year as the majority of my US counterparts.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make just as much a year as the majority of my US counterparts.

Soooo... are you bragging or complaining? :?

SPELL CHECKED: No errors found. 8)

No where near enough.......................................................

but in reality, lats year I made 98K + and I do not hold any rank. so not bad I suppose.

Was talking to a city counterpart the other day with some friends abd co workers over a beer.

He said to us if he could find a job that paid him 68K he would leave being in ems. We all siad if we were onluy being paid 68K we would leave as well........lol

stay safe

I am just new to this website. I get paid $33 and hour. I read the post about what CCP gets paid and since you are the only city that has them....I would guess you live in TO and they actually get paid $45 with the last contract. The only reason I know is that I also work air ambulance and I heard rumblings of what the CCTU medics in TO made and how the new Air Ambulance Services Co. would have to beat that hourly rate if they wanted to employ them.

As for your hourly rate I would have to say you work in Durham, or somewhere close to, and I would rather live here. If you factor in the cost of living I make much more hourly than you do. I pay less to live, so get to spend more. I also heard, maybe I am wrong, to get that rate of pay you guys made major concession in you collective agreement.

Only a thought

OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE LUCKY!!!! DO NOT COME TO SOUTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA!!!! I make $11.40 / hr and I'm at one of the highest paid services in my area, LOL

Michelle,

Move east, and all but double your pay scale.

Typical starting rates for Southeastern, PA

EMT 911: 12.00-14.00/hr

EMT transport: 13.00-15.00/hr

MEDIC 911: 18.00-22.00/hr

MEDIC transport: 21.00-26.50/hr

These rates are based on a salary survey I completed three weeks ago for a start up of a new 911 service im beginning from scratch.

These are generally starting saleries for base services. Of course, these generalities are flexible with varying experience.

I make between 15.00 and 16.75 per hour, depending on the service im working for that day.

PRPG

I think that Texas has one of the lowest costs of living. Land is pretty cheap (because there is so much of it), and we have no state income tax. You can get a decent size house for around $110,000 (2,000 square feet).

I chose not to work as an EMT after getting my cert because I couldn't afford the pay cut- EMT's here make roughly $24k a year. Once I get my Paramedic cert, they'd pay me close to $40k. I think I can swing that a little bit easier! :wink:

Oh, and the volunteer service I run with pays me $14 per call! LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.