had a ems friend get into some trouble

While reviewing this string, I just noted someone posted that now former employees were fired when the DWI/DUI (Driving While intoxicated or impaired/Driving under the influence) arrest made the newspapers. What about the EMS agency employee arrested for DWI/DWI, when it doesn't make the papers?

To the best of my knowledge, NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS, and now the FDNY EMS Command, insist on being informed if a member is arrested for anything, or ticketed for a moving violation. If serious enough, a supervisor will have the member tender their ID and badge back to the department, until the court(s) arrive at a judgement. I admit lack of knowledge if back pay will be given if the courts find Not Guilty, but the department then restores the ID and badge to the member, and returns them to duty. If guilty...

NYC has numerous programs for rehabbing drug and alcohol abusers. I'm told the one for the NYPD is actually at the intersection of "Straight" and "Narrow", in a former distillery run by 1920s and 1930s mobster boss "Dutch" Schultz (if not the case, still sounds good in the telling of the tale). In most cases, the city employee must request going to the rehab (with NYPD having the authority to order one of their own in for treatment) to avoid official notation into their employment record

Could someone PM me as to who or what a "Mike Ellis" or "Mikey Ellis" is? I am not catching the reference.

I am with Dwayne, the view must be exquisite from all of you'alls moral HIGH HORSE. Let's swap questions, but give the same attitude" "In VFIB, do you prefer Lidocaine or Amiodarone ?" Answer from high horse crowd: "What did you do to put the patient in VFIB ? Did you overdose them, do you usually try to kill all of your patients Pmdc Dexter ?, Are you trying to save money by using Lidocaine ? , Why do you want your patient to die ?"

This has nothing to do with Amiodarone or lidocaine.

This person drove drunk, got caught and now has to pay the piper. AND If this person is an EMS provider then they should have known better than to drive drunk after seeing what they have probably seen with the after effects of drunk driving.

I'm not going to take your bait because you are trying to provoke an argument on this thread.

I think that mikeymedic's point was that it's pretty easy to cast stones in an internet forum. We've all made mistakes, but sometimes that fact seems to be forgotten in these types of threads. I think that he was also trying to point out that posting over and over on the obvious problem, instead of exploring the possible solutions, is also what sometimes happens in these threads and maybe shouldn't be the goal of an educational forum. But that's just my read on it.

I've been arrested for DUI, 30 odd years ago, been arrested for fighting, for drinking, and another time for fighting and drinking (Like to bring things full circle when I can. I'm goal oriented that way)...all stupid shit that my generation of 'cowboy redneck' did at a younger age. Yet I've managed to turn into a halfway decent husband, father and provider..hopefully at least.

Though this thread has gone completely off in the ditch, I do think that it's been worthwhile and productive simply for the peripheral things that have been addressed...

• Like 1

Yeah, I posted in another thread about the crap I've done in the past. A varied and illustrious career as well. i should be dead and embalmed by now.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational to Mikey, I really wasn't. I just felt he was trying to provoke an argument by a comparison that I didn't think truly applied in this case. Maybe I missed his correlation and I'm sorry if I did.

No offense to you Mikey if I missed your true point.

I did send a PM to the OP and he didn't respond back. This makes me slightly sad that he didn't respond back as it kind of makes me think it was him but without knowing the truth, I can't say that for sure.

But then again, he really did get blasted didn't he.

The OP has been more than willing to stand up for himself in previous threads. This is true even when his position is untenable at best. Some of those threads have been much more critical in content than this one.

That he hasn't even logged in to the site since creating this thread does raise a number of, as yet unanswered, questions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.