had a ems friend get into some trouble

I'm calling moderator privelege Mikey...As well, I didn't know the answers...I've no idea how that works.

Who you callin mikey? Me? I hope I deserve more respect than a Mikey. As well as there are at least two mike's on this thread if not three. I don't know which "MIKEY" you are referring to.

But anyhow, I pm'd the OP and discussed with him a little more about what he needed to do but have not heard back from him yet.

Besides, that moderator privelidge doesn't extend to you berating us and then hiding behind that privelidge. You came here berating us for berating him yet you call that moderator privelidge.

I do see were you are coming from on the posting and the reporting but when you call us out and say we had no business chastising the guy and we gave no answers yet you yourself did the same to us and also you gave no answers (you said you had none and that's cool) that just stinks Dwayne.

But I'm just pointing out my perception of you using the moderator position in a not so cool way. You may have a different take on how you use your position of power but to me, it doesn't set well if you think that your mod status allows you to chastise us for posting what we posted yet you feel it's all right to post something very similar but it fall under your moderator power. Seems like a nice shield to me.

Does that make sense? If you want to continue this in PM's I'm good with that or via facebook. I'll be on facebook off and on all day.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

If you want to continue this in PM's I'm good with that or via facebook. I'll be on facebook off and on all day.

Both posting here or FB is more than kind of public, considering the topic. I'd suggest keeping it in private messaging.

Both posting here or FB is more than kind of public, considering the topic. I'd suggest keeping it in private messaging.

you misunderstood Richard, Dwayne and I discuss things in Private chat in facebook quite often. I was hoping he understood that we would be discussing it via a facebook chat and not for all the world to see.

Aplogies Capt...the "mikey" was meant to be funny. No disrespect was intended. I'd thought with our history that it would go over better...I don't seem to be scoring a lot of points in this thread...

Also, the Mod comment was supposed to be so ridiculous as to be ironically funny. Again, with my posting history here it never really occurred to me that anyone would believe that I'd say such a thing seriously. I've never asked for a free ride on any opinion, ever, that I'm aware of. Evidently my isolation is queering my perception of what's funny and/or acceptable and what's not. I'll try and stay a more PC until I get back to civilization and can recaliberate...

"Perhaps instead of asking a bunch of random people from various states and countries the individual should immediately be contacting their employer...you know...the one that will decide if they stay employed.

Perhaps instead of asking a bunch of random people from various states and countries the individual should immediately be contacting their state EMS office/department...you know...the one that will decide if they keep their certification.

Perhaps instead of asking a bunch random people from various states and countries and, I can only guess but I think it's a good guess, digging for sympathy and reassurance, they should step up, accept the consequences of their actions and and start figuring out for themself what will happen next."

The above is what I meant when I made the comment about Admin shutting down the site and everyone going to their respective medical directors. These comments, in my obviously skewed opinion, are too common, and I just don't see the productivity in them. They scare away new people that might be curious about such things yet aren't brave enough to face such comments.

If you want to kick this guy's ass, I get that. It sounds as if you all know why that would be warrented. I've no idea..I guess I've missed something important. I'm just asking you to consider that not everyone, thousands in many cases, are aware of that history, so all that they see is a poster with a low post count being attacked by a bunch of assholes, right? In this case they've no history to judge the reality by, so the perception is likely to be pretty strong. I know it would be with me.

It just seems like we need to support the site if we want it to get back to where it was at one time..and I think that it can be.... that it's well worth the effort to try and help it to do so, but these types of threads just move us in the wrong direction...again, in my personal, non mod, non caliberated opinion...

Anyway, those are my thoughts, for what they're worth...

After I thought about it I figured that the heat and humidity plus a distinct "lack of Babs" was getting to you.

I've reached out to the OP and he has not responded, not sure if he's run away to the hills because the perception by the gang is correct or if he's just busy but he knows that he can come to me and talk to me as we've established a friendship that was developed through the LOTUS (crazy nutjob) deal.

I hope he contacts me if he wants.

But I get what you were saying and why you were saying it and I hope you don't think I was angry, I was just surprised at the verbage.

It's all good Dwayne.

I am with Dwayne, the view must be exquisite from all of you'alls moral HIGH HORSE. Let's swap questions, but give the same attitude" "In VFIB, do you prefer Lidocaine or Amiodarone ?" Answer from high horse crowd: "What did you do to put the patient in VFIB ? Did you overdose them, do you usually try to kill all of your patients Pmdc Dexter ?, Are you trying to save money by using Lidocaine ? , Why do you want your patient to die ?"

I am with Dwayne, the view must be exquisite from all of you'alls moral HIGH HORSE. Let's swap questions, but give the same attitude" "In VFIB, do you prefer Lidocaine or Amiodarone ?" Answer from high horse crowd: "What did you do to put the patient in VFIB ? Did you overdose them, do you usually try to kill all of your patients Pmdc Dexter ?, Are you trying to save money by using Lidocaine ? , Why do you want your patient to die ?"

That has everything to do with this discussion.

I don't use either, I'm bls

• Like 1

(Quotes not used as they sometimes don't work properly for me here, and due, I think, to my net speed, I'm unable to preview posts before posting to see if they're correct or not.)

"Dwayne...just gonna have to agree to disagree I suppose. While I can see some of your point about now wanting to scare off a new poster, there is a big difference in answering a question by a random person, and answering one by someone with a proven track record of being an [Edited by Dwayne]. Like I said, how someone acts will determine how they get treated, which if you are honest with yourself, probably holds true for you as well."

It absolutely holds true for me as well. I've just never found that creating post after post of juvinile name calling is in any way productive. Not to the thread, the site, or the poster that you claim to be 'trying to answer.' From YOUR posting history I know full well that you're more than intelligent enough to see that this is in no way productive. That you can help no one with such behavior.

How you've behaved is how you will now be treated.

"I said these things for a reason:"

[Edited by Dwayne]

You can keep pretending that your comments are meant to be productive and presented for some mature reason, but, as you mention how things 'come across', they are coming across as childish ranting, bullying, and button pushing. In this case you win, you've managed to push the "site rules" button. You've read them, right?

"1. You agree not to post or transmit any material that may reasonably be interpreted as abusive, slanderous, hateful, threatening, hostile, harassing, demeaning, intolerant, or intentionally offensive to any other member of this forum. This includes sarcastic, backhanded and double entendre comments, as well as any form of name-calling."

"Nevermind. I'll just keep in mind that the new policy is to kiss the ass of everyone who posts and not ruffle any feathers... :bonk:"

Not ruffling feathers has never even fallen on the City's radar. That's not what we're talking about here, and I'm confident that you know it. I've allowed you to have your say, yet you've provided little that's productive in this thread. The only drama is coming from you. I'm truly surprised that you are unable to see that you are behaving in the exact manner that you claim upsets you from the OP.

[Last comment deleted by Dwayne]

I've tried to gently explain that your comments have at times been unproductive, yet you've chosen to escalate instead of mitigate them. Having other things in my life to do besides try and explain to you why calling people names in post after post is childish and unproductive, I've no idea what to do besides begining to censure such posts.

It's truly unfortunate that this has become necessary.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.