OPA Question

benasack2000

There is one particular(ly useless) competitor to this website where our young hero also has a profile. He states that he's 12 years old there, also.

Perhaps it's time he turns off the computer and discovers the world outside.

yeah, that is where I got his age. What I found horrifying was the video game where he thinks he is actually trained to do these things because of the video game.

Oh em gee...LOL I had to play a troll for a bit this morning and check out the site....

I'm just wondering what this kid thinks a backboard and 'c-spine' is all about?? I HAD to copy and paste his directions:

General Discussion / EMS/ARFD RP treatment of spinal injuries « on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »
1. make sure the scene is safe
2. stabilize neck with hands
3. get a backboard and C-spine
4. log roll the patient carefully
5. attach C-spine to patients head
6. slide backboard under and attach straps
7. transport patient to hospital

and finally........this.......he thinks he's SAR Team too.........Noooooooo please say it isn't true.....

Hello fellow co-workers! I have taken a look at the EMS trauma bags that we keep on our engine and truck companies. I have some added improvements from me, an IRL Massachusetts Certified First Responder (CFR) and SAR Team Member.

and this:

General Discussion / Re: EMS/ARFD RP treatment of spinal injuries « on: August 04, 2012, 01:32:41 AM »
yeah im in a citezen community emergency response team and we olny got 6 hours of medical ops training
i also got the FA/CPR/AED certs from the red cross

Sugar you an FF or EMT/Paramedic?

and this:

General Discussion / Re: EMS/ARFD RP treatment of spinal injuries « on: August 04, 2012, 01:26:17 AM »
sorry my bad im 12 and not an EMT.
Just read alot of books, watched too many episodes of emergency!, and got certified in First Aid/CPR/AED
Edited by ClutzyEMT

Thanks, Ed. It's been a really long road, indeed.

I remember years ago when you first started talking about going forward.

Glad to see you found a way to move up.

good for you.

Have a good friend who is a Paramedic and a P,A,C, that works at the trauma center in Portland full time and several other ER's & clinics per diem as his schedule allows.

Yeah. It took a while to figure out what path was going to be best for me. I talked to a lot of people before making my decision.

As soon as my licensure paperwork comes back I'll be moving to a new State for a job in the ER of a trauma center. Geographically it's not where I want to be. But it's a good hospital, has a good training program for PAs working in e-med and will offer some solid foundation building for moving forward. I'm pretty excited for the professional aspects of it all.

• Like 1