OPA Question

benasack2000

Hey guys. After you have inserted an OPA during CPR, do you have to keep doing the head tilt chin lift during ventilation?

Naw...I usually toss in an OPA, a couple of NPA's (one for each nostril) grab the sticky rolled up stuff I carry on my earpiece, then grab a few towels, chuck em under their neck and use that long sticky stuff to make about twenty wraps around the inserted pieces and the towel. Don't worry if you cover the openings with the tape, at least it will look cool and you don't want them to fall out if he attempts to move or breathe...

If you want it to look really cool tho you have to cut the nostril piece off of a N/C then stick the two skinny ends down both NPA's in the nares.....if you don't have portable 02 handy blow real hard on the other end once in awhile....

Once that is accomplished I usually pull up a nearby chair, light a ciggy and wait for the big noisy bus to come and take over....

Edited by ClutzyEMT
  • Like 2

It is really interesting on what someone finds when they are bored and does a search on the OP.

I didn't even realize they had video games for EMTs, Paramedics and police. However they do and the obsession from the OP has started there.

He is also not old enough to be certified in anything as the age that I got on another board was 12.

He states he collects medical supplies with his friends on a board that sells equipment.

Not sure what to do here, can't keep harassing him, he's just a kid. But this kid is going to hurt someone.

Holy cow....there is a role playing game called Argonath RPG were players are pretend cops. From the looks of it they take it very seriously it's almost scary. Http://arpd.argonathrpg.com/forum/index.php?topic=28910.40

Look at page 3...you'll find this guy there as the "arresting officer"

My guess is he is a MFR on some role playing game.

http://www.arfd.argonathrpg.com/forum/index.php

About halfway down "sorry my bad im 12 and not an EMT. Just read alot (sic) of books,watched too many episodes of emergency!, and got certified in First Aid/CPR/AED" posted 8/4/12

I am speechless...and we should probably end this discussion...sounds like this kid is living in an alternate world and I am truly horrified as to what could be happening in real life if he's taking a role playing game this seriously.

Wow.

Eta the new link...apparently my phone didn't want to link properly, but a simple google search will reveal a lot.

Also interesting how we have not heard from this kid on any other posts, just his own questions that he poses. Seems he causes problems on the role playing forum as well.

Edited by Kate_826
  • Like 1

So your telling us his DOB is 2000?

WOW What a strange world some children exist in.

Who knew there where that many sick individuals out there.

At least I now know why we have all the mass shootings and other assaults on civilization.

according to him full arrest got 5 lpm of O2 cpr 1 epi & 2 defibrilators, All better now

• Like 1

So your telling us his DOB is 2000?

WOW What a strange world some children exist in.

Who knew there where that many sick individuals out there.

At least I now know why we have all the mass shootings and other assaults on civilization.

according to him full arrest got 5 lpm of O2 cpr 1 epi & 2 defibrilators, All better now

And by 1 epi...you mean 1 epi pen right? :D