TLC Shows

Nate

OMG yes that show Untold Stories of the ER drives me NUTS! But i try not to pick at it because they do remind you that it is re-enactments of real stories so its not like its a shocker that the show is going to suck lol! But yes out of curiosity i've often wondered what happend to that show "Paramedics" because it used to come on TLC, then switched to Discovery Health Channel and now im told it comes on some other channel? I have no clue lol! but i miss it! anyways take care and be safe out there everyone :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Paramedics was not re-enactments. I can't stand re-enactments. They filmed a portion of Rescue 911 in my local hospital. A baby accidentally fell off a balcony near the top of a twelve story building. The baby shit his pants or something on the way down and the dirty diaper saved his life. THey took him to the hospital. There was not a single thing wrong with the kid. They cleaned all of the junk from the diaper off of him and sent him home.

Trauma Life in the ER was good,I thought Paramedics was ok for the short time period it was actually on but I think one of my favorite shows was...mm...I hope that one was on TLC, "Lifeguards"

You guys saw that one? I thought it was pretty good but again same thing it didnt last very long. 8)

One of my biggest gripes with Paramedics was that you never found out what happened to the pts. Some followup would have been nice, and I'm sure in the pre HIPAA days it would have been pretty easy.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone see the episode of "Paramedics" where they shocked a conscious patient with their defib.? I had never seen that done before.

Sure they were not "cardioverting"; if this is the case, it is routinely done. Albeit one would prefer to sedate if able to.

R/r 911

I've seen someone defibrillated while conscious - by an implanted defibrillator. We had a monitor on him, we saw him go into v-tach and his defibrillator shocked him. A number of times. Always set the rhythm straight immediately, but in a few minutes, he would go back into v-tach. Never lost consciousness.

Sure they were not "cardioverting"; if this is the case, it is routinely done. Albeit one would prefer to sedate if able to.

R/r 911

They used the paddle defib. on this patient-an 81 yr old woman. She screamed out everytime they shocked her. Ridryder, I'm a relatively new EMT-B. Could you tell me what "cardioverting" is? I've heard it used a few times in the chatroom and elsewhere in the last couple of days. Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.