TLC Shows

Nate

It was cancelled many years ago... now they have a drama show to watch, which is more exciting than the real thing.

p.s. you probably critiqued their actions wrong, since most of the shots was filmed in the late 80's early 90's ... That was when they filmed us anyway.

R/r 911

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to that TV show Paramedics on TLC?

I used to watch it all the time, it was good to see the differences in services and geographical locations. I used to pick up a lot of the errors the medics or FF's would do.

I wish it would come back, I think our agency would be a perfect episode with all the various medical and trauma calls we get. Believe it or not its most legitimate stuff. But everyonce and a while we'll get BS.

The show moved to Discovery Health in the 6:00 et timespot, but it was replaced by "code blue" 2 moths ago. They were recent episodes though.

The one show on TLC that I think was very poorly filmed is "Untold stories of the ER". I cannot stand that show. :roll:

LOL, I have to agree. I enjoy watching it for the interesting cases, but the reenactments are horrible. They make all of us look like bumbling idiots. The one specific episode that stands out in my mind is the one where a neurosurgeon runs out into the parking lot screaming and jumping up and down to get the attention of a pt's family. I can think of the last time I was a neurosurgeon run, much less jump up and down. They make such drama out of the smallest things. "Bob had a splinter in his little toe. It was going to be close, but Dr. X saved his life and his toe. Bob can now see his children grow up and go to college because of the heroic actions of Dr. X and his life saving tweezers." Everyone hug now. :pukeright:

So true.. I guess I have been unfortunate or fortunate depending on how you look at it to be on some of those shows. I was on the shows "Trauma Center" and "Paramedics" (TLC) which was not too bad, but many years ago there was a t.v. show called Rescue 911 which was hosted by William Shatner, that did a re-enactment of one my calls.

This show was "gobbled up" by the public, but it was such a farce to professionals. During the filming they instructed my partner and I to "run" from the unit to the patient. We described we never "ran " to anything (okay maybe to some female gender & beer...lol :D ) but we never ran on calls and refused to. The directors were uhh.. more than a little pissed at us. They edited in two backs of people running from an ambulance into the segment..lol What is funny, their detail was so poor.. with different uniforms, and even the ambulance went from a type II to a van ?.. wow.

R/r 911

So true.. I guess I have been unfortunate or fortunate depending on how you look at it to be on some of those shows. I was on the shows "Trauma Center" and "Paramedics" (TLC) which was not too bad, but many years ago there was a t.v. show called Rescue 911 which was hosted by William Shatner, that did a re-enactment of one my calls.

This show was "gobbled up" by the public, but it was such a farce to professionals. During the filming they instructed my partner and I to "run" from the unit to the patient. We described we never "ran " to anything (okay maybe to some female gender & beer...lol :D ) but we never ran on calls and refused to. The directors were uhh.. more than a little pissed at us. They edited in two backs of people running from an ambulance into the segment..lol What is funny, their detail was so poor.. with different uniforms, and even the ambulance went from a type II to a van ?.. wow.

R/r 911

Easy there Rid. I loved Rescue 911 (though I was a young teenager at the time so I didn't have very high standards). The best show, in my opinion, is Trauma Life in the ER. Personally it was interesting for me to see how medicine has changed from when that show was made to how it was during my residency (and there wasn't that much of a gap).

Personally it was interesting for me to see how medicine has changed from when that show was made to how it was during my residency

I felt the same watching the show Emergency! when it came out on dvd this year. I remember seeing it as a kid and was excited when it was released. Seeing how they needed medical direction to start ivs and didn't use a c-collar on a car accident patient until almost halfway through the second season of the show gave both an interesting and amusing perspective when it comes to prehospital care then and now. :D

I felt the same watching the show Emergency! when it came out on dvd this year. I remember seeing it as a kid and was excited when it was released. Seeing how they needed medical direction to start ivs and didn't use a c-collar on a car accident patient until almost halfway through the second season of the show gave both an interesting and amusing perspective when it comes to prehospital care then and now. :D

LOL. My uncle was one of the early EMTs in NYS. In his day they taught EMTs how to do trachs and to apply traction to the cspine. Boy, have we come a long way since then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.