Removal of orthostatics in abdominal pain

I'm always orthostatic, it's due to all my medications I take. So orthostatics if I have a complaint of abdominal pain they will give you nothing of value.

Orthostatic hypotension is a non-specific indicator of low blood pressure which as we all know can be caused by 300 different things

If it were my educated guess, it was removed because it's got no real value

also how long does it take to do postural BP Properly ? and is this an appropriate use of scene time ?

also how long does it take to do postural BP Properly ? and is this an appropriate use of scene time ?

I think this depends on how you define properly. To do it properly, you need a tilt table and probably 15 minutes to half an hour. I imagine most people are talking about taking one set of vitals sitting and another recumbent. This probably doesn't take very long --- but it's going to be even less useful.

Scene time is an issue if there's an underlying pathology that requires rapid surgical correction or medical intervention. But I'd imagine this is a very small percentage of cases.

Scene time is an issue if there's an underlying pathology that requires rapid surgical correction or medical intervention. But I'd imagine this is a very small percentage of cases.

Very true mate.

I think orthostatics are about as useful as blood letting and boiling oil

Oh how simple medicine used to be; you either died of infection or exsanguination

Damn it to the bowels of bloody hell, curse Ambreas Pare and that Semmwlweis bloke!

Not really, the dead have evil powers and I don't wanna get struck down by dead Hungarian Chirurgeon :D

I don't wanna get struck down by dead ... Chirurgeon :D

The only group that uses that word, "Chirurgeon", to the best of my knowledge, are members of the Society for Creative Anachronisms. I have friends in that group, and have attended a few events, but am not a card carrying member, myself. Are you a member?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.